Twinpeak settings

Hi people. I was trying to make a backup of my Warcraft3 Frozen Throne cd (Italian version). It is a Securom 4.8x.
I made different BWA files at different speeds and with my two drives, which are:
TEAC CD-540E
LTR 48125S

The best one seems to be with my Liteon at 4x.

Then I tried Twinpeak with different settings, that is 15, 25 and 50. The result is always the same, the copy works perfectly in my Liteon drive, while my TEAC can’t even see the cd.
This is strange since TEAC is a very high quality and strong drive.
Maybe someone of you knows why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Well it could be that since your TEAC is such a good reader it doesn’t like the Twinpeak copy because the BWA is not perfect. Perhaps it would see the copy with a perfect BWA. But that is only a guess.

I have a similar problem, I made a backup on the frozen throne on a lite-on drive, but when I try it on my other machine (LG drive) it asks for the original.

Originally posted by cyric_74
I have a similar problem, I made a backup on the frozen throne on a lite-on drive, but when I try it on my other machine (LG drive) it asks for the original.

Does it work from the Lite-On, using ‘Hide CD-R Media’…? If not, then the copy is bad.

The twinpeak setting is important, I have the best results using a step of 50, but others report good results with other values in their drives. Best experiment with a CD-RW to see what works best for you.

I have found that the LG drive is generally quite good at reading the twinpeak copy, again I use a step of 50.