Twilight

I am using the latest DVDFab Beta version and DVDShrink. Everything seems fine. However when the burned backup copy is played it freezes. Pretty much at the same time frame/ scene. Cannot fast forwarrd - Any ideas???

[QUOTE=ro83aa;2272686]I am using the latest DVDFab Beta version and DVDShrink. Everything seems fine. However when the burned backup copy is played it freezes. Pretty much at the same time frame/ scene. Cannot fast forwarrd - Any ideas???[/QUOTE]

This issue is related to two things…

1. Low quality media was used for the backup :frowning:
  2. burning to fast :iagree:

The Media I am using is HP DVD+R x16. What speed do you recommend?

[QUOTE=ro83aa;2272706]The Media I am using is HP DVD+R x16. What speed do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

Before we can properly answer that question, we’ll need to know the Media I.D.

This can be found in one of the burn logs using that media, or you can download a program called DVD Identifier (a freebie) which will give you that info.

Please post back and let us know.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ro83aa;2272706]The Media I am using is HP DVD+R x16. What speed do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

As my good friend OCanada is pointing out the MID(media ID is very important when determining the correct write speed, however with low to poor quality media it is best to burn at 1/2 the rated speed given for the media…
You are using 16x thus burn at 8x, the reason for this is because with low to poor quality brand media the material/Dye used are low in quality and the write strategy can very within the pack/spindle thus giving you probelmatic issues, in other words are very unreliable at times.
You will find that over time thos low quality media will start having playback issues, you will be better off using top quality media like Taiyo Yuden and/or Verbatim which can be burned at their rated speed :wink:

Thank you OCanada and StormJumper for the help.

The Media I.D. CMC MAG M01
(Imay have been looking at the wrong case when I said x16 but it still is HP DVD+R)

Never looked at Taiyo Yuden. Thanks for that too. Which Verbatim do you recommend as a better media?

[QUOTE=ro83aa;2272778]Thank you OCanada and StormJumper for the help.

The Media I.D. CMC MAG M01
(Imay have been looking at the wrong case when I said x16 but it still is HP DVD+R)

Never looked at Taiyo Yuden. Thanks for that too. Which Verbatim do you recommend as a better media?[/QUOTE]
The Media I.D. CMC MAG M01 is common for low quality brands and are known for problematic issues :frowning:

Taiyo Yuden can only be found online, Verbatim 16x would be the right choice make sure you get the ones made in Singapore which are the best of the Verbatim brand however any of the Verbatim line are good just the ones from Singapore are much better :wink:

Also Twilight is huge, even the main movie will compress way too much for a transcoder. Twilight is a good candidate for an encoder if you are going to put it on a single layer disk. Just my opinion, there will be others I’m sure.