Twilight to PS3 file not working

DVDFab completes the file, but when I go to play the movie QuickTime tells me ERROR-2048.

I’m using DVDFab 6.0.2.2

Do I have a bad disc?

Wen’t into DVDFab log and the is no error’s loged. Weird thing is it has done this to me on a few other disc’s and I just had to re-due the file again. But Twilight won’t work, I’ve tried it 5 times!

Another piece of info is once when I was trying to make the PS3 file my computer popped up and error saying something about it couldn’t find the file location or HD. When I create my files they get created to my WD external HD.

Try playing the file with some other software on your PC to see if it is just something QuickTime doesn’t like. You can get the free and excellent VLC Media Player [B]here[/B].

I did Grandma’a Boy after the last time Twilight wouldn’t work to see if was my putter or HD but Grandma’s boy worked and played afterwards just fine. So I’m thinking there might be something wrong with the Twilight disc.

After Grandma’s Boy I went to do Without A Paddle and QuickTime said same error again “ERROR-2048”

WTF!

[QUOTE=signals;2306909]Try playing the file with some other software on your PC to see if it is just something QuickTime doesn’t like. You can get the free and excellent VLC Media Player [B]here[/B].[/QUOTE]

I would try that but my PS3 won’t play them either. When Quicktime tells me the ERROR and I take the HD over to the PS3 and plug it into it and try play the movie over there the PS3 doesn’t even see the file.

Is this a DVDFab problem?

Is DVDFab getting worse. Been scanning through the threads and it seems there is tons of problems and more than just me havign problems with creating PS3 files!

hi,

The other converted files play are ok by using PS3 profile ?

And this problem file can by played by other software player ? except the QuickTime ?

[QUOTE=Ting;2307068]hi,

The other converted files play are ok by using PS3 profile ?

And this problem file can by played by other software player ? except the QuickTime ?[/QUOTE]

In the last week I created these titles in Mobile PS3 format: (Both QuickTime & PS3 can play them)

Grandma’s Boy
Driven
Full Metal Jacket
RoadHouse
The Dukes of Hazzard
Eragon
Pirates of The Caribbean 1,2 & 3
Transformers
Underworld Evolution
Fast & The Furious & Tokyo Drift
Biker Boys
Gone in 60 Seconds
Bolt

These titles I tried creating have not worked: (QuickTime Error-2048 & PS3 can’t even see them)

Twilight
Without a Paddle

I just did a clean uninstal of DVDFab tonight and downloaded Quicktime again and did the “Repair” action when I ran the program to see if it needed any fixes. I am trying to do Without A Paddle again right now.

Also when I was watching Eragon and Bolt I noticed the audio was off by about a second. I haven’t watched any others all the way through yet, but I noticed others complaining of this too.

And DVDFab 6.0.2.2 takes for ever to create files now. Before I got rid of my older DVDFab 5 it would take about the same amount of time to create a generic.avi.xvid.mp3 file as the movie was long. But now it takes even longer to create a PS3 file and I’m only doing “Single Pass”

Well Without A Paddle didn’t work again!

Go figure!

It’s not the disc’s either, went out and bought a brand new DVD of Twilight and tried it again. Well it FAILED as well!

Tried turning off the Path Player. No success! Not too much help in here on this!

Movies that are working in PS3 format (Both QuickTime & PS3 can play them)

1. Grandma’s Boy
  2. Driven
  3. Full Metal Jacket
  4. RoadHouse
  5. The Dukes of Hazzard
  6. Eragon
  7. Pirates of The Caribbean 1,2 & 3
  8. Transformers
  9. Underworld Evolution
  10. Fast & The Furious & Tokyo Drift
  11. Biker Boys
  12. Gone in 60 Seconds
  13. Bolt
  14. Meet The Parents
  15. Meet The Fockers
  16. Tommy Boy

Movies that don’t work (QuickTime Error-2048 & PS3 can’t even see them)

1. Twilight
  2. Without a Paddle

I grabbed my “movie only” backup and tried a PS3 mp4 and it worked like a top. My settings in one pass below. Maybe try backing up to the HDD first?

[QUOTE=90312;2308010]I grabbed my “movie only” backup and tried a PS3 mp4 and it worked like a top. My settings in one pass below. Maybe try backing up to the HDD first?[/QUOTE]

Did you do the whole mivie? Looks like you only did part of the movie by your duration time.

If so do the whole movie and see what happens. Maybe something to do with when it is finalizing. Because I noticed when it gets to a 100% DVDFab doesn’t stop, it keeps going for quite some time then it stops.

The whole movie worked too, again from the backup DVD.

Ok, I’ll try to back it up

DVDFab will only back up the video it won’t copy the audio. Am I missing something?

I think I would do a clean uninstall and dowload a fresh installer and reinstall, might as well update to 6.0.3.0 while you are at it. I just tried it with Twilight for the PS3 and it worked well.

I did the clean un-instal already. But I’ll do it again and download the new update

[QUOTE=AllStar80;2309200]I did the clean un-instal already. But I’ll do it again and download the new update[/QUOTE]

It’s been a while, can I assume the issue is resolved?