TW Media? factory in USA?

found these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/TW-2x-25GB-BD-R-Blue-Top-BLU-RAY-BLANK-DISC-25-pc_W0QQitemZ230351228835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Blank_Media?hash=item35a200cfa3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

anyone ever heard of TW Media?

I noticed these a few times, I am tempted to get a few just to see what they are.

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2298534]found these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/TW-2x-25GB-BD-R-Blue-Top-BLU-RAY-BLANK-DISC-25-pc_W0QQitemZ230351228835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Blank_Media?hash=item35a200cfa3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

anyone ever heard of TW Media?[/QUOTE]

Well I made an offer on a few and it was excepted.

Yes I did pay more than I usually would on BD discs, I just wanted to share what the MID is on these with everyone here :stuck_out_tongue:

I should have them before the week is out and I will post here.

cool, keep us posted

its ISM media BTW. Will this work on XJ-04 Firmware?

Mine “should” have been delivered yesterday :rolleyes:

Should (better) be here today… :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=lmfboy01;2307927]its ISM media BTW. Will this work on XJ-04 Firmware?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2308229]Mine “should” have been delivered yesterday :rolleyes:

Should (better) be here today… :p[/QUOTE]

it was FAST delivery, ordered on late friday, possibly could’ve come in on Monday(2-3 days to where i am), instead it came first thing Tuesday.

the only bad part is it will not work with my current external bd-r drive! :frowning:

looking at getting the BH08LS20 internal now since I am in process of upgrading my CPU anyways… my understanding is that this drive may be the only LG burner that it is compatible with. I now have 45 discs of the ISM-R01-00 media code!!! grr…

Does anybody know who ISM is? I’m interested …

[OT]
I’m in AU and we don’t get many codes down here - I have only gotten TDKBLD…, CMC, Verbatim and Ritek so far. We have Sony as well, just overpriced, and more TDK. I had to import some MEI discs myself. No fun down in AU.
[/OT]

Wish I could test on my BH08 today and let you know but of course they didn’t show up :rolleyes: ARG MEDIA MAIL!!!

[QUOTE=lmfboy01;2308241]it was FAST delivery, ordered on late friday, possibly could’ve come in on Monday(2-3 days to where i am), instead it came first thing Tuesday.

the only bad part is it will not work with my current external bd-r drive! :frowning:

looking at getting the BH08LS20 internal now since I am in process of upgrading my CPU anyways… my understanding is that this drive may be the only LG burner that it is compatible with. I now have 45 discs of the ISM-R01-00 media code!!! grr…[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=lmfboy01;2307927]its ISM media BTW. Will this work on XJ-04 Firmware?[/QUOTE]

don’t you mean ISMM? like ISMMBD-R01-00.

ISMM is Chinnese media

I just looked it up and yes it is! It’s Info Source Multimedia - It’s made in Hong Kong … already reminds me of my terrible DVD experiences with those manufacturers. I’m not too enthusiastic about meeting this mediacode anytime soon.

This should be good, I will surly be chatting with the seller because if this in his auction.

High Quality USA Brand!Power seller!Priority shipping

• You are buying product directly from factory

• product manufactured to the highest US standards

• no middle man

• no transportation fees

• product shipped from California

• life time warranty

no inkjet printable BD-R available :frowning:
Although their website says they make em…none for sale.

Hi

Code is programmed into production line/code can be uploaded and changed to any code you obtain license.

ISMM code is licensed -from Taiwan

All ISMM discs are made on Mitsubishi licensed materials including coat.
Mitsubishi owns and operates Verbatim.
Mitsubishi right now has 45% of whole sale BD-R material market.

RITEK code licensed from -HK (HP and Phillips come from same factory)

It takes time for factory to develop code and get registered with License office.
It takes much more time to get response from all hardware factories to put new code into burner software.

In august 15th TW will release new bd-r 4x series compatible will all LG and Pioneer burners,some on overclock will be able to record 4x as 8x.

White printable are not in retail only in whole sale(pallet).

August 10 TW 2x printable and 4x will be for sale in retail.

Product comes from California and BLUE LINE -(machines) are in Long Beach.

TW also offers DVD R DL printable and non printable.

Both series BD-R and DVD R DL are very good quality.
The only issues are compatibility with some burners if firmware isn’t updated or if burner isn’t listed and clients still order.

There is new description under BD-R 4x on Ebay with is guide how to download and test LG 08 series firmware.

August series of 4x will not have any issues with Pioneer or LG burners.

Fell free to ask any questions

Nicole:flower:
TW-USA
www.tw-usa.com

[QUOTE=BDRhusky;2384447]There is new description under BD-R 4x on Ebay with is guide how to download and test LG 08 series firmware.
[/QUOTE]
The EL02-05 firmware is not available on LG sites, so you ask your customers to void their warranty without any warning to be able to use your product. Bad idea. The EL02-05 firmware is available from Buffalo only, who sell a OEM BH08 as BR-H816FBS with a modified firmware, mainly for the japanese market. This is not a official LG release.

I do not like that you promote your disks with my read speed patch and the text and images copied from this thread without any link to the original source.

I’m sorry Nicole, but i simply don’t trust you. Your website doesn’t even look professional. And ISMM is a really poor choise for Media ID.

If you had a choice why would you want to use an ID from one of the worst Media manufactures.

Ala, report them to Ebay

[QUOTE=ala42;2406901]The EL02-05 firmware is not available on LG sites, so you ask your customers to void their warranty without any warning to be able to use your product. Bad idea. The EL02-05 firmware is available from Buffalo only, who sell a OEM BH08 as BR-H816FBS with a modified firmware, mainly for the japanese market. This is not a official LG release.

I do not like that you promote your disks with my read speed patch and the text and images copied from this thread without any link to the original source.[/QUOTE]

I apologize but the txt-test was provided by one of the clients.
I didn’t know they copy and paste it from forum.
We will remove it asap.

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2406932]I’m sorry Nicole, but i simply don’t trust you. Your website doesn’t even look professional. And ISMM is a really poor choise for Media ID.

If you had a choice why would you want to use an ID from one of the worst Media manufactures.

Ala, report them to Ebay[/QUOTE]

Good luck:disagree:

Hi all,

Finally got a chance to test out the TW media I purchased almost 2 months ago. Bought from 2 different sellers, one is black 4x no-name branded and the other is the 4x blue TW brand. Note to the wise - These discs will NOT burn with GGW-H20N. (6x LG burner). I learned this the hard way. It even had a link on their auction saying they will play on the GGW-H20N!. That kinda ticked me off… After I purchased 2-10 packs (black) & 1-25 pack (blue). And then messing with different firmwares and mediacodespeededit, I finally gave up.

Because of this I decided to upgrade to the 8x LG (BH08LS20) internal. Got a decent deal online with fast shipping to where I am. I installed it today, omg it BARELY fits in my comp (HP slimline w/upgraded PSU & GPU). Proceeded to update to EL02-05 firmware. Setup a burn using imgburn, and it finally made it pass reserving track! Burned at 4x. It is ok, not bad.

Was it worth the trouble to purchasing a brand-new drive to get this media working? Well my 6x is an external so I can put it to use elsewhere. I have 45 discs worth about $100.00, so its great to be able to use them instead of them being a waste. Also being internal SATA, it’ll read and burn faster then USB and I only need 1 drive instead of 2. So, in conclusion, for me there are more positives than negatives but if one of you guys here decides to purchase this type of media, make sure 150% that your drive supports it with a firmware you are comfortable with. And I will definetly let the seller of the TW media know where I am coming from the next time I purchase this media.

anyone else try this media?