Tv system problem

vbimport

Hi all,

I have a Coby portable DVD player with TV tuner. Its dvd playback has quit operating and I had only been using its tuner. However, I was surprised one day when I couldn’t set the tuner to NTSC. It’s stuck to PAL-SECAM. Is there a way to reset the system to its factory settings? Or, is there a service code menu just like TV sets where user can input data to reconfigure its settings? Or, is there a way to reprogram its EPROM if one is present? Please help. Thanks

ubbog_boy :sad:

Maybe if you give us the model number we can take a look. But basically you would want to do some googling to see if you can find more setting for the unit.

Can you hear the DVD spin when you insert a DVD? If you can, then there might be a chance that the laser’s lens has some crude on it. You would have to do some disassembly to get to it, but if you do just very gently clean it with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2495175]Maybe if you give us the model number we can take a look. But basically you would want to do some googling to see if you can find more setting for the unit.

Can you hear the DVD spin when you insert a DVD? If you can, then there might be a chance that the laser’s lens has some crude on it. You would have to do some disassembly to get to it, but if you do just very gently clean it with a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol.[/QUOTE]

eric98se,

i have actually given up on the dvd playback. i had been using only its tuner to view some tv programs. like i said, one day i was horrified to see that its color system has stuck to pal-secam and no matter what i do i could not set it to ntsc which is the color system in our country. is there a way out of this? or maybe a way to reset its settings to default just like some other devices that you can set to default? or is it possible to maybe to access a service code menu where the user can set parameters? thanks you for this response anyway.

ubbog_boy

[QUOTE=eric93se;2495175]Maybe if you give us the model number we can take a look. [/QUOTE]

:smiley:

If its a NA device then usually NTSC is the only valid option.