TV Prices

vbimport

I’m wanting to purchase a TV for the bedroom say 60-65inch my question is will prices continue to fall on those 4K HDR and UHD TV Sets?

Microcenter has a Samsung 60" 4k TV for $599.99. I guess the price can go lower but I wouldn’t think it would much lower for a 60" name brand UHD TV.

50 views and only you replied thanks very much. :slight_smile: I’ve manage to find a terrific TV for myself after days of research on specs and the price just dropped I’m so happy not so much for 4K but HDR is a real game changer.

Well when I want something cheap I check Slick Deal and Fat wallet.com as everyone posts every deal they find on those sites and of course a lot of them are TV’s. There are quite a few cheap Chinese name branded 4k sets now, some actually quite good for dirt cheap, Best Buy even sells a few of them.
Glad you found something and for that matter what one did you buy?

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2787738]50 views and only you replied thanks very much. :slight_smile: I’ve manage to find a terrific TV for myself after days of research on specs and the price just dropped I’m so happy not so much for 4K but HDR is a real game changer.[/QUOTE]

I have just one 4k TV for now. It is a 40" Samsung that I used for mostly CAD use and it works very well as a computer monitor. I started with a LG 27" 4k monitor and quickly realized that 4k on anything less than a 40" screen is a waste and causes resolution problems with many programs.

I will wait until there is more 4k content before buying a large UDH TV. Now that 4k players are becoming more available may we will get more 4k content on disc. HDR is a feature worth having if you can find 4k HDR content to play.

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2787738]50 views and only you replied thanks very much. :slight_smile: I’ve manage to find a terrific TV for myself after days of research on specs and the price just dropped I’m so happy not so much for 4K but HDR is a real game changer.[/QUOTE]

What model did you end up going for?

[B]Wombler[/B]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-54-6-diag–led-2160p-with-chromecast-built-in-ultra-hd-home-theater-display-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4989100.p?skuId=4989100

Thanks everyone for all your help. :slight_smile: I’ll note those sites.

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2787829]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-54-6-diag–led-2160p-with-chromecast-built-in-ultra-hd-home-theater-display-with-high-dynamic-range-black/4989100.p?skuId=4989100

Thanks everyone for all your help. :slight_smile: I’ll note those sites.[/QUOTE]

That looks like a pretty good offer.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’m waiting for oled tv’s to come down in price. That or think about the suhd. Was looking at some in Best Buy the other day. Picture quality on the su looked quite a bit better than the standard 4K sets.

Yeah the colours on the OLED TV’s look amazing but they’ll come down in price eventually as production techniques improve.

I’m happy enough with HD in the meantime but now there are 4K broadcasts in the UK I’m keeping my eye on prices.

[B]Wombler[/B]

That looks like a very nice set for a LED based one. Always like Vizio getting more features and inputs for your buck. I too WANT a OLED but may get one of the cheaper LED FALD like your new Vizio has just because of price point and I’m OK with the Sony ex 645 edge lit LED set I was given when my lil sister upgraded to a Sony 50" 4K TV.

Deals seem to keep appearing for Vizio 4k tv’s… also LG,
but the best pictures IMO come from the Samsung HDR and Sony HDR sets!
These prices don’t drop like a stone often! I recently got the ks8000 series 55"
and the picture is pretty Amazing. It took me 3-4 hours looking at all the sets literally up close-- closer than you would normally look at them, from angles, etc. and the ks8000 series was my top choice, followed by the bravia 850d. Not even the overpriced OLED’s matched overall quality, IMO-- maybe the new ones coming out this year would amaze me, but still, not worth paying a PREMIUM for!

So, in decending order:
Samsung ks8000 series
Sony Bravia 850d or higher series (non OLED)
Vizio hdr series (forget the model #)
Hisense HDR (8c is 8-bit hdr but still pretty impressive on a budget 1/2 that of ks8000).

Anything else, your not in HDR price range (or it sucks)… looking at ~$500+ for an hdr set topping out around $1150 for 55" ± depending on size variation. I look at the ks8000 as a long term investment. IMO, sets can not get much better than that over the next 5 years… improvements in energy efficiency and max nits of HDR will come, but there will come a time when it’s overkill on aging eyeballs. My generation had analog TV’s and it twas good ‘enuff. Our minds filled in the gaps. Perhaps that’s why we see more ADHD in people. More is done for the minds’ convenience so they don’t work the same anymore!

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2788222]Deals seem to keep appearing for Vizio 4k tv’s… also LG,
but the best pictures IMO come from the Samsung HDR and Sony HDR sets!
These prices don’t drop like a stone often! I recently got the ks8000 series 55"
and the picture is pretty Amazing. It took me 3-4 hours looking at all the sets literally up close-- closer than you would normally look at them, from angles, etc. and the ks8000 series was my top choice, followed by the bravia 850d. Not even the overpriced OLED’s matched overall quality, IMO-- maybe the new ones coming out this year would amaze me, but still, not worth paying a PREMIUM for!

So, in decending order:
Samsung ks8000 series
Sony Bravia 850d or higher series (non OLED)
Vizio hdr series (forget the model #)
Hisense HDR (8c is 8-bit hdr but still pretty impressive on a budget 1/2 that of ks8000).

Anything else, your not in HDR price range (or it sucks)… looking at ~$500+ for an hdr set topping out around $1150 for 55" ± depending on size variation. I look at the ks8000 as a long term investment. IMO, sets can not get much better than that over the next 5 years… improvements in energy efficiency and max nits of HDR will come, but there will come a time when it’s overkill on aging eyeballs. My generation had analog TV’s and it twas good ‘enuff. Our minds filled in the gaps. Perhaps that’s why we see more ADHD in people. More is done for the minds’ convenience so they don’t work the same anymore![/QUOTE]

OMG! I never got my TV because “DELL” ruined my order I ended up double billed almost going over my credit limit… ugh! So because they wouldn’t solve the issue correctly I refused delivery of the TV. I then placed an order over at Amazon only for “PILOT Freight Services” to leave me with a TV not assembled because someone open the box and took out the screws while it was being shipped that TV is also going back for a full refund. Amazon has issued a decent gift card while I await my refund for all of the trouble I’ve had. Now I’ll wait awhile before buying any TV as for the comments above I agree Vizio, Sony look to have good black uniformity and Vizio seems to crank out a lot of features for your money. OLED appears to suffer from ghosting and very high energy use both of which are not attractive to me but I do love the colors and black uniformity while also having HDR & Dolby Vision on those sets. Again thanks to everyone for adding your feedback it will help me in the future when shopping for a TV set.

Finally! Bought a Vizio 4K P Series $898.00 with shipping and tax appears to have really mild almost hard to tell flicker but this appears of lower quality content usually below 720P such as TV Shows other content looks beautiful and low- to no lag I love this TV 4K UHD looks amazing. Vizio 4K M Series seems to have very noticeable flicker and isn’t as good for 4K IMO of course any time you go bigger more artifacts can be produced when you otherwise didn’t see that or maybe the TV was better at not producing them because the TV was smaller.

Isn’t the P series the one with 128 local dimming zones, HDR, all the cool stuff they just recently released? Anyways should be even better then the nice one you originally picked and if you go to AVS forum they should have recommended picture settings to get it to look as good as it possibly can.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2788547]Isn’t the P series the one with 128 local dimming zones, HDR, all the cool stuff they just recently released? Anyways should be even better then the nice one you originally picked and if you go to AVS forum they should have recommended picture settings to get it to look as good as it possibly can.[/QUOTE]

Correct! Dartman, Vizio M or P Series was originally what I was after with DELL and then Amazon a Samsung KS9000 65’ inch like I said didn’t work out and it’s on the way back. However this Vizio P Series has near perfect blacks it’s 50inch usually $998.00 but got it for $898.00 taxes and shipping included though it was not within the budget I had for a TV however I checked out cheaper brands and wasn’t very satisfied black detailing wasn’t very good on those JVC, PNY, and other sets for much cheaper. I’m a movie guy so I must have really good black detailing and also brightness all my TV’s have always been backlit with full array lighting in my brain back-lighting is similar to how old TV’s work CRT style while I understand the technology is much different I think lighting from the back makes the image look amazing IMO many of what I said is subjective of course but I’ll check out AVS Forum also you should head over to rtings that was one of the sites I used while researching a proper set to purchase.