Tv --- dvd recorder link up

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic 42" Plasma Television. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, This question might get a bit long winded but please stay with me!
I have a Panasonic TH-42PZ8BA tv linked to a Panasonic DMR-EX768EB DVD recorder by HDMI cable and a scart lead.
My problem is when I record programmes and play them back there is what I call a shadow or second image on the tv screen. Does anybody know why this is? The tv picture quality is excellent when being watched as a ordinary Tv.
Any help advice appreciated
Neil

How is the playback quality of a DVD made elsewhere?

How is the picture quality using the DMR’s DVB-T tuner both without recording and playback after recording?

I’m trying to isolate the problem. If all above look good except for recordings made using the SCART cable, then I’d suspect the cable or the device feeding it.

[I presume the HDMI cable provides upconversion of DVD playback to the HDTV and the SCART cable is used for the DVD recording input.]
Hope this helps

P.S. Also try recording with the HDMI cable disconnected, then reconnect it for playback. I suspect some type of ground loop problem.

Hi Thanks for the reply ,maybe I did not explain the correct problem
DVD original discs with films on play perfectly.
the problem I have is when I record to the HDD part of the dvd recorder and then play it back through to the TV.
The man in the local panasonic shop suggested that I do not need both the HDMI cable and the scart lead, but when I disconnect the scart lead I find i am unable to record. Maybe its a settings problem in one of the set up menus.:confused:
sorry it seems confusing!!!
Neil