TV Capture Card

vbimport

Hi I am new to this. I saw this site thought i would give it a try. I have a Sicuro DEC - 100 Digital Entertainment Card but I have no drivers or software for it. Where can I obtain it ? I am running Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 3.o processor and 2 megs of ram, 450 gig hard drive, I have never heard of this card, has anyone else?

Try contacting them with an explanation:

http://www.sicuro.us/

It sounds like this was installed with the system (new or used) and you never received the items you need (software & manuals).

?[/QUOTE]
I have never heard of this card, has anyone else.

Then How did you get this card?, if you did buy it obviously there is a driver that comes with this card then why you are saying you are looking for the driver?. If you did not buy it try to search for driver in Google search engine.

WinXP - Ultra-slim edition :wink:

I picked the card up at a garage sale and thought you should be able to google it for drivers and software, I have tried with no luck and thought this site might help.

Again, I’d try the company and see if they can provide assistance (the manual is a pdf file and the driver is a download).

hehe

I have checked there web site and can find the manual. I cannot find the drivers?

email support…they will let u know if there is anything out there available

You can buy good capture card these days for less than $30 (brand name) if I were you I would just go ahead buy of those brand new ones and let myself free of headache.

You can also get a decent external USB unit for around the same price. Why risk the headache of owning a dud second-hand unit?

Indeed.

And I would personally recommend ATI’s “TV Wonder” product line (as much as I would advise people to stay away from their graphics cards).

I second the vote for recent ATI TV tuner/capture cards. A few weeks ago I bought the TV Wonder 650 card, which includes reception of OTA HDTV and FM radio, plus analog video capture and hardware MPEG-2 encoding. I’m just amazed by the quality of HDTV I recieve just using an old pair of “rabbit ears!” (And the signals are broadcast from 23 miles away and must pass through several apartment units before reaching my antenna!)

The only thing I don’t like much is the ATI Catalyst Media Center software. It is prone to crashing (even more so with current drivers – the older drivers work best here), and there is no setting for full screen viewing during viewing or capture. You can only get full screen during playback of a recording. But the image quality is spectacular!

[QUOTE=RWP;1663992]I second the vote for recent ATI TV tuner/capture cards. A few weeks ago I bought the TV Wonder 650 card, which includes reception of OTA HDTV and FM radio, plus analog video capture and hardware MPEG-2 encoding. I’m just amazed by the quality of HDTV I recieve just using an old pair of “rabbit ears!” (And the signals are broadcast from 23 miles away and must pass through several apartment units before reaching my antenna!)[/QUOTE]

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I am here to tell you that not all of the ATi-based tuner cards are worthy of consideration. Some, like the earlier TV Wonder 650 from ATi (PCI interface, with hybrid tuner which is software-selectable between analog and digital tuner modes) have very poor tuner sensitivity on digital (even with an outdoor rooftop antenna, the reception for digital was marginal at best even though I’m only 11 miles away from the major digital TV broadcast towers). Some of the newer PCI cards based on the AMD/ATi Theater 650 chipset (but strangely, not VisionTek’s TV Wonder HD 650 PCI) have a combo tuner, with separate digital and analog tuners. (It is very odd that VisionTek also sells a TV Wonder HD 650 card which have a combo rather than a hybrid tuner - but that version is only available in PCI-Express x1 and USB versions.)

I have TV Wonder HD650 PCI card but I can’t get it to record tv shows like it said that it would do. I have Vista operating system if that makes a difference. I also live in a little town that has Direct TV or Cable. I have not been able to get the card to recognize my TV channels. Do any of you have a suggestion what I can do?

Set the correct region and standard?
Using an external antenna? Rather than the cruddy pieces of wire they call indoor antennas…

[QUOTE=littlesandi;2573348]I have TV Wonder HD650 PCI card but I can’t get it to record tv shows like it said that it would do. I have Vista operating system if that makes a difference. I also live in a little town that has Direct TV or Cable. I have not been able to get the card to recognize my TV channels. Do any of you have a suggestion what I can do?[/QUOTE]

Can you get channels from that exact same cable when you connect it to a television?

Where do you live?

At this time, ATI Catalyst Media Center does not support Canadian Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) data. EPG Services for North America are currently provided through TitanTV for analog TV and PSIP for Digital TV (PSIP is DTV content info retrieved from ATSC signal for free-to-air ATSC broadcast television).

What version of the multimedia center are you using?