Tutorial Feedback

vbimport

Okay wanting to generate feedback of what needs to be added and or changed. I have not added the pics just yet but put a text info for where I will be adding them.

DVD next COPY Ultimate DVD to Blu-Ray Tutorial

While DVD next COPY cannot copy original Blu-Ray movies, you can copy multiple DVD’s to one Blu-Ray blank disc. You will need a Blu-Ray Burner and either a BD-R (write once) or a BD-RE (re-writable). This process will show you how to make multiple DVD’s backups to fit on one Blu-Ray disc.

Step 1 – Create a folder to store your project. To do this open explorer and create a folder on the drive where you want the project in your computer.I chose to use my desktop in this tutorial.

Step 2 – Open the program and then insert your first DVD.

Step 3 - Click on the Copy to Blu-Ray under: Main Menu/Copy Project.
This is that little window on the left hand side.

Step 4- Select the source drive where the DVD Disc is inserted. If
this is the first movie to be added for the project, select the
target as: Copy to new Blu-Ray and then click the Copy Now Button.
A window will pop-up now asking where to save this project. Place it in the project folder that you created in Step 1.

When this is done you will have new files/folders in the folder you
created in step number one.

Step 5- Now that you have completed your first Disc. You now insert the second DVD that you want to add to your Blu-Ray project. Step 5 is similar to step 4 except now you select:
Copy to existing Blu-Ray in the Target window.

You will need to click the refresh drives button after inserting the
new DVD. This is that little green circle arrow.

Now you hit the Copy now button located at the lower right hand corner and a pop-up window will ask where to store this. Now unlike the first time around you want to navigate to the folder you created in Step 1 and open it. Open the BDMV Folder. From there you’ll see a bunch of folders, leave those alone and go further down and you’ll see there is an index.bdmv file. Click on it and then click Save.

Step 6- Do step 5 for as many Disc’s as you plan on adding to your Blu-Ray Project. Remember not to exceed 22.5 gigs for a BD-R or a BD-RE. That is the total size that will fit on the 25 gig disc.

Now after all the copying is done you are now ready to burn your project.

Step 7- Check to be sure that Auto Erase isn’t selected. Open the Settings folder; then select the burn tab, and un-check if checked.

Step 8- To prepare disc for writing, Click on Burn Blu-Ray under Main
Menu, then insert your disc into your Blu-Ray Burner. Once the computer reads it; Left Click on the Black arrow and choose Erase RW/RE.

Another window will pop-up after selecting erase RW/RE. I use Fast as it is quicker.

Click ok on the little popup window.

Click on the selected Blu-Ray Burner.

Step 9 -There are only 2 files that you will need from your project folder. The folders that you need to add to burn is the Certificate and the BDMV folders. Select and add those to the project window by clicking on the small yellow folder with the plus sign on it, and navigate to the project folder. Do not add the whole temp folder you created just these two folders from the project folder you created or there will be no playback.

Remember you asked :smiley:

This process will show you how to make multiple DVD’s backups to fit on one [B][U]Bli[/U][/B]-Ray disc.

Shall we start with spelling

Step 1 – Create a folder to store your project. To do this, pick a place on your computer. I chose to use my desktop in this tutorial.

This would sound better to me:

Create a folder to store your project. To do this open explorer and create a folder on the drive where you want the project in your computer.I chose to use my desktop in this tutorial.

Step 4- Select the source drive with the DVD movie is inserted. If this is the first movie to be added for the project, select the target as Copy to new Blu-Ray and click copy now. A window will popup now asking where to save this project. Refer to step 1 on where you did this.
When this is done you will have new files/folders in the folder you created in step number one.

I think this sounds better, you do not want anyone to have to go back in the tutorial, keep them moving forward.

Place in the project folder that you created in Step 1

Step 6- Do step 5 as many times as you can to make it fit onto one BD-R or BD-RE. Don’t exceed 22.5 gigs as a BD-R or a BD-RE will only fit this much data on the 25 gigs disc.

The program should tell you when you have exceeded the length?

Step 10- Select the files there will only be two folders that you will need to add. Select those to the project window. Do not add the whole temp folder you created just the two folders in that folder you created or there will be no playback.

Should actually name the file’s here, makes it clearer to the novice.

Step 9- Use Quick Erase.

Shouldn’t this be Step 8 ?

Just a couple things off the top of my head. :bigsmile:

I think so too and I will have to see if they can look into this.

Initial post has the edits per request by you. :smiley:

So does this look good? Feel free to say give me more time to look at it. I want to make it close to perfect as possible.

I think it looks good, I was going to try it out tonight step by step and see what happens.

I just got this little nagging feeling we are missing something :confused:
Not sure what it could be, but with my computer in front of me and me trying to do a disc step by step maybe something will come up.

Take your time this is fine. When you think it is as good as it can get for now I’ll add the pics then we can go from there. So consider this rough draft #1 of 2.

Were you going to pretty much use the same pictures as before?

If so you might want to add some arrows, On the left side some of the pictures look like you have more than 1 item picked.Which you can not do but the arrows might help clarify that.

I’ll add them now to show.

Added pics. PC almost got hijacked from imageshack.

Thanks Dr Who

I am printing it out now, will go through it that way and let you know my thoughts.

Thanks.

Dr Who

Here are some more thoughts that you can look over.My project is burning now and I will give the results in the other thread.

Step 1 ( Okay as is )

Step 2 ( Okay as is )

Step 3 - Click on the Copy to Blu-Ray under: Main Menu/Copy Project.
This is that little window on the left hand side.

Step 4- Select the source drive where the DVD Disc is inserted. If
this is the first movie to be added for the project, select the
target as: Copy to new Blu-Ray and then click the Copy Now Button.
A window will pop-up now asking where to save this project. Place it in the project folder that you created in Step 1.
When this is done you will have new files/folders in the folder you
created in step number one.

Step 5- Now that you have completed your first Disc. You now insert
the second DVD that you want to add to your Blu-Ray project.
step 5 is similar to step 4 except now you select:
Copy to existing Blu-Ray in the Target window.
You will need to click the refresh drives button after inserting the
new DVD. This is that little green circle arrow.

(After picture)

Now you hit the Copy now button located at the lower right hand
corner and a pop-up window will ask where to store this.
Now unlike the first time around you want to navigate to the folder you created in Step 1 and open it. Open the BDMV Folder. From there you’ll see a bunch of folders, leave those alone and go further down and you’ll see there is an index.bdmv file. Click on it and then click Save.

Step 6- Do step 5 for as many Disc’s as you plan on adding to your
BluRay Project. Remember not to exceed 22.5 gigs for a BD-R or a
BD-RE. That is the total size that will fit on the 25 gig disc.

Step 7- Check to be sure that Auto Erase isn’t selected.Open the
Settings folder,then select the burn tab, and un-check if checked.

Step 8- To prepare disc for writing, Click on Burn BluRay under Main
Menu,then insert your disc into your BluRay Burner.Once the computer reads it Left Click on the Black arrow and choose Erase RW/RE.

Another window will pop-up after selecting erase RW/RE. I use Fast as it is quicker.

Step 9 ( Drop off I think Step 8 gets you there ) ??

( There was only these 2 files in the folder, unless I missed
something again )

Step 10- There are only 2 files that you will need from your project
folder.The folders that you need to add to burn is the Certificate
and the BDMV folders.
Select and add those to the project window by clicking on the small
yellow folder with the plus sign on it, and navigate to the project
folder. Do not add the whole temp folder you created, just these two folders from the project folder you created or there will be no
playback.

May need someone to proof read that has better grammar than I have :bigsmile:

I’ll go over this today and look at it with more details.

Did the edits as suggested without coffee yet hope it is right. :slight_smile:

Dr Who

Get rid of #9 and make #10 number 9

Done.

Okay I think it looks good, like I said may need someone with better grammar than me to proof read.

Now only if it worked, are you sure we are not missing a step?

Just did the edits as stated here. It looks like it is all there to me.