Tutorial: Backup Blu-ray movies with WoooKao and DVDFab

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following article: Tutorial: Backup Blu-ray movies with WoooKao and DVDFab[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/06/woooka3-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/article/tutorial-backup-blu-ray-movies-with-woookao-and-dvdfab-72113

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And it’s amazingly simple to set all this up too so highly recommended for ease of use.

Very good to see that it’s free too.

[B]Wombler[/B]

So the ACSS-LA will now sue Woookao LOL, I wonder if they have their e-mail address. LOL.

Its been suggested that WoooKao only defeats AACS encryption, and can’t handle BD+ or some JAVA protections. I haven’t tried it, does anyone know?

I think you will find that if woookao is installed, everything works as it should. I have not seen any reports of problems with the other layers of “protection” on BDs, just reports of success with the woookao+Fab combination. I do not have or want to have the answers to the “how” of woookao.:eek:

[QUOTE=signals;2730686]I think you will find that if woookao is installed, everything works as it should. I have not seen any reports of problems with the other layers of “protection” on BDs, just reports of success with the woookao+Fab combination. I do not have or want to have the answers to the “how” of woookao.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a very good alternative too. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Anyone having trouble installing this on windows 8?
When I click on the install it just flashes past the install process and says the install is complete and you can exit, click finish.
The program however is not installed.
I have version 0.0.0.0 2.6mb file size.
Anyone else see this?
Any help appreciated.

I think it does nothing if you do not have the US version of Fab installed first. Have not heard of any Win8 problems but it is possible, I am checking.

I had no problems running the Usa version of fab with woookao windows 8.1 64 bit works as normal.

I know that usually software other than the specific sub-forum software isn’t posted in a “Movie copy software” sub-forum.
I have a couple of questions:
Is WoooKao written by DVDFab ?

Does it conflict with AnyDVD HD ?

I know when I installed PassKey Lite there was a warning message of some kind. With AnyDVD HD enabled. It’s been a long while ago so I don’t remember which software gave the warning.I think it was DVDFab or PassKey Lite.
I do know that if AnyDVD HD is enabled DVDFab gives a warning.

It is working now.
I removed the previous U.S. version I had and installed the latest 9.1.5.6.
I then ran the installation on that other little program, the install process still flashes by and it will not show as being a installed program on a Win 8 machine, however, I think what it is doing is inserting itself into DVDFab to do its assigned function.
It will be interesting to see how and if future updates will go.
Again, it is working now.
Thanks

Glad to hear it is working for you Arroyo.

To answer some of cholla’s questions:

I know that usually software other than the specific sub-forum software isn’t posted in a “Movie copy software” sub-forum.
This has been approved by the management here due to the unusual circumstances that US users now face.
Is WoooKao written by DVDFab ?
Don’t know for sure and don’t want to know. It has been tested with Fab extensively by the staff.
Does it conflict with AnyDVD HD ?
Probably, if AnyDVD is enabled, probably not otherwise. Any user that has AnyDVD HD already does not need woookao.

[QUOTE=signals;2730996]To answer some of cholla’s questions:
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=signals;2730996] Don’t know for sure and don’t want to know.[/QUOTE]
I don’t know why you don’t want to know the author of WoooKao ." Plausible deniability" I guess.
I’m more curious . So I would like to know.

[QUOTE=signals;2730996]
Any user that has AnyDVD HD already does not need woookao.
[/QUOTE]
I know on DVDFab DVD Copy & Ripper ( these are what I have a lifetime platinum license for) . I’ve already voiced my disagreement about blu-ray not being completly included in this. If AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD is enabled there is a warning message . I won’t update to V.9 but I bet the warning is still there.
Does this warning not display if DVDFab Blu-ray Copy & DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper (3D Plus) are opened when AnyDVD HD is enabled ?
Or am I missing something ?

I just installed the latest US version of DVDFab 9, installed Woookao, started DVDFab, inserted “Let’s be cops” and I get nothing but the same “Disc contains BD and is not supported”. Is there some configuration step I missed? Thanks

Additional comments. When I run Woookao as administrator it offers no options it just says “finish”. It does not appear as an installed program, a process or a service?

This behavior is apparently normal for woookao, same for me. The BD+ correction is not version related, it just is not ready yet but is worked on daily. Sorry for the longer than normal delay.

How do I know whether I have the latest version?

Thanks for your responsde

Download it again in a few weeks and see if it is the exact same file by generating an MD5 or comparing the file size that windows reports.

Worked great on the The November Man. Thanks again.