Turn my PC into a satellite receiver .. possible?

vbimport

Heard it was… have to buy some kind of pc CARD

any experience?

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

Yes, you can get satellite signal capture cards: Twinhan and Hauppauge are two manufacturers that spring to mind. You also need software to decode the signal and display it on the PC.

To receive High Definition satellite signal you need an ‘S2’ card (rather than the standard ‘S’).

Get a Twinhan 1027 PCI card. It demuxes and has LNB switching if you have a motorized dish like I do. I use the TH1030A, which also has a CI slot(CAM card) so you can use the dish box card for premium channels. The card is programmable.

Wow… did you miss that fact that I’m a newbie? What you wrote sounds like greek but thanks :smiley:

[QUOTE=slytrans69;2027146]Get a Twinhan 1027 PCI card. [B]It demuxes[/B] and has LNB switching if you have a motorized dish like I do. I use the TH1030A, which also has a CI slot(CAM card) so you can use the dish box card for premium channels. The card is programmable.[/QUOTE]

A card cannot “demux”.

You can also google Satellite TV for PC as they show all the programs that work and the ones that are scams

Just to make sure what TC Woods is trying to do.
Is what you want is to turn your PC into a satellite descrambler so you don’t have to pay for the signal?
If that is incorrect sorry & my apoligies for thinking that.

[QUOTE=cholla;2027581]Just to make sure what TC Woods is trying to do.
[B]Is what you want is to turn your PC into a satellite descrambler so you don’t have to pay for the signal?[/B]
If that is incorrect sorry & my apoligies for thinking that.[/QUOTE]

In this case -> forum rules.

[QUOTE=cholla;2027581]Just to make sure what TC Woods is trying to do.
Is what you want is to turn your PC into a satellite descrambler so you don’t have to pay for the signal?
If that is incorrect sorry & my apoligies for thinking that.[/QUOTE]Let me say that these thoughts should be kept to yourself and not posted unless there is evidence of intent.

Can we stay on track with helping the OP please?

That’s why I apoligized in advance if what I ask was rude.
But I will try to ask exactly what a member is asking next time instead.

As I said You can also google Satellite TV for PC as they show all the programs that work and the ones that are scams but the programs aren’t free, My neighbor got the 2008 Elite Edition $49 and it works but you have to have high speed not a dial up modem

[quote=cholla;2027829]That’s why I apoligized in advance if what I ask was rude.
But I will try to ask exactly what a member is asking next time instead.[/quote]

He moved my question to a new thread when I was simply asking a question that went with this thread? powertrip? What a way to treat newbies?

[QUOTE=Viracocha711;2028536]He moved my question to a new thread when I was simply asking a question that went with this thread? [B]powertrip?[/B] What a way to treat newbies?[/QUOTE]

Eh… Even a newb should follow the rules.