Turistas doesn't work right

vbimport

You are able to rip and burn with no problem. The problem is if you try to fast forward or back up. When you press play to resume, it jumps to the start of the chapter. Not sure if there’s a new protection out there.

This sounds more like a player issue than new protection. Does the original disc do the same thing if you put it in the player? If you put the backup copy back in your PC, will DVDFab read it and show the correct number of chapters (same as original)? Does it do this with only this one title (and what title/region is it)?

No new protection, I was able to copy it with 3.0.8.6 with no problems so agree with Paul sounds like a player issue as I tried your findings and had no problem

The original works fine. So it’s not the player. Guess I’ll have to go back to 3.0.8.6 instead of the beta and try it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post with this symptom before, so I’m not sure what to suggest except to try reducing the burn speed or try different blank media. 3.0.8.6 may work but had freeze up problems for some users. Let us know how you make out.

Hello timoer and welcome to the forum. I was able to back up Turistas with ver.9.0 without any problems. Reducing your burn speed is a good idea too. Does this happen with any other back up? It wouldn’t be something copied from the original, the skipping back part can’t or isn’t in a file I wouldn’t believe. You might try a CD/DVD cleaner in your drive and see if that helps. ~ Mike

turistas with 3.0.9.8 no problems here.

The movie was so bad, I don’t know why anyone would want it. :confused: j/king

I’m with you on that Alan :smiley:

Agree with Alan and Tim on this one, yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk a waste of a disk :frowning:

I don’t know, a couple of the ‘‘ladies’’ weren’t too bad,lol. ~ Mike

i was actually liking the movie until the ‘secret cave’ was found by the ‘uncle’ and his friends.