Tuffdisc 4x any one know any thing about them

vbimport

DV 3190} Tuffdisc (4x) DVD-R Packs of 100 (Arriving Soon)

The new Tuffdisc DVD-R is being marketed as a disc that is stronger than other discs the extra strength being attributed to an extra layer applied to the top surface to protect it.

Media manufacturers have been introducing their own innovations, mainly in the field of media surface durability. Manufacturers such as TDK with their Ultra-Durable Armor Plated Recordable DVD and Datawrite’s “Titanium” are two that have been hitting the headlines in the past few months. Now, CMC surges onto the scene introducing “Tuffdisc”. Tuffdisc media has been reprinted with a tough pebbledash finish producing a media surface that is 40 times more scratch resistant and 20 times more dust resistant than standard DVD media.

Based on the highly compatible Mitsubishi dye, it offers extremely high durability, withstanding the toughest of everyday handling and abuse.

Tuffdiscs offer highly affordable pricing when compared to premium branded media such as Datawrite, Datasafe , Ridisc TDK and Verbatim.

Sounds like they trying to sell some over-printed crap media as extra durable. Probably another brand related to E-net distribution, they do these things all the time…

they are using very good dyes for these discs here, http://www.svp.co.uk/acatalog/Show_me_all_the_DVD_R.html , MCC 01RG20( 100 discs for Euro27.34) for the 4x discs and TTG02 8x discs(100 forEuro28.78). was gonna get datawrite fujifilm03 discs off svp in a few weeks when i have enough dosh,but these seem good value if they are as good as they should be. has anyone used these yet and if so whats your opinion about them.

nec 2500 user

Looks like to me that only the top layer (label side) has an extra durability.

But the most important would be to have a bottom layer (data side) with extra durability, especially against scratches and dust, no?

They are overprints and utter tosh,it actually looks like they have been painted with hammerite no wonder there scratch resistant lmfao

As previously posted another e-net scam to sell on there latest batch of crap bought as B/C/D grade, overprinted and sold as A grade :eek:

thanks for that tubbyland. makes choosing my next media very easy.did you burn them yourself or how do you know this.

From there website

{DV 3195} Tuffdisc (8x) DVD+R Spindle Tubs of 100

The new Tuffdisc DVD+R is being marketed as a disc that is stronger than other discs the extra strength being attributed to an extra layer applied to the top surface to protect it.

Media manufacturers have been introducing their own innovations, mainly in the field of media surface durability. Manufacturers such as TDK with their Ultra-Durable Armor Plated Recordable DVD and Datawrite’s “Titanium” are two that have been hitting the headlines in the past few months. Now, CMC surges onto the scene introducing “Tuffdisc”. Tuffdisc media has been reprinted with a tough pebbledash finish producing a media surface that is 40 times more scratch resistant and 20 times more dust resistant than standard DVD media.

Based on the highly compatible Mitsubishi dye, it offers extremely high durability, withstanding the toughest of everyday handling and abuse.

Tuffdiscs offer highly affordable pricing when compared to premium branded media such as Datawrite, Datasafe , Ridisc TDK and Verbatim.

Tuffdisc are working with CMC to produce a range of products including DVD-R, DVD+R and CDR. As you can see, the pricing is looking very competitive and if the quality is as good as other media that we have seen from the CMC factory then this media will be a big hit.

This DVD+R disc is for use in drives that take the “DVD+R/RW” format of discs, please ensure that your hardware is capable of writing the DVD+R format before purchase.

Suggested for use on the following hardware: Pioneer 103/A03, Pioneer 104/A04, Pioneer 105/A05, Pioneer 106/A06, Pioneer 107/A07, Pioneer 108/109, Panasonic E20, E30, E50, E100, HS2, Sony DVD+/-R drives,Plextor DVD+/-R drives, Sony PS2, X-Box, NEC ND 1300/2500/2510/3500/3520, Liteon DVD+/-R drives, LG DVD+/-R drives and most other DVD+R writers and modern DVD players

Deductive logic. E-net floods the UK with shite media on a regular basis and has already been busted a couple of times with trying to sell superdurable B-Grades which turned out to be crap (ie Datawrite Titanium). That and common sense tells you that you couldn’t expect quality media from a label like “Tuffdisc” IMHO that just screams cheap quality generic media.

Tuffdisc media has been reprinted with a tough pebbledash finish

One of theyre main selling points is that you get a disc that looks like the front of a council house, how nice.

they may well have verbatim/taiyo yuden media codes, but i highly doubt they using either verbatim or taiyo yuden dyes. remember all becase 2 disks have the same media code, it doesnt mean they use the same dyes.

many companies are doing this these days to entice uninformed buyers into thinking that they are getting a bargain, when in fact they are not. in fact, the taiyo yuden media code is being used rather a lot these days, on very cheap disks.

Well if having a pebbledash finish makes things stronger, does that mean my house is less likely to fall down than my next door neighbour.

Maybe cars should have a pebbledash finish to make them 40x stronger in a crash? Or instead of having a black box in a plane, we could paint them grey or pebbledash them?

Just had a thought, maybe they could use Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) as not much sticks to that, and the BS they are speaking would just wash away :slight_smile:

guys, u have no idea how many uninformed buyers believe into the marketing hype. some people hear that because its “tuff” disc, that the disk must somehow be stronger and more resilient to wear and tear; in fact the svp website did say this, if i remember correctly.

on top of which a lot of buyers believe that because these disk uses the same media codes as some verbatim disks, that these disks use the same dye as the verbatims and hence will offer the same burn quality as the verbs. in fact the svp website suggests this also.

i just want someone to buy some of these disks and give us a detailed review. you never know, these disks might actually be as scratch resistant as the TDK scratchproof disks and offer burns as good as verbatim disks, while being cheap as bulkpaq disks. if the disk had all these characteristics then surely, this would be one of the best disks on the market.

these disks might actually be as scratch resistant as the TDK scratchproof disks and offer burns as good as verbatim disks, while being cheap as bulkpaq disks. if the disk had all these characteristics then surely, this would be one of the best disks on the market.

:slight_smile:

Pure unadulterated genius :slight_smile:

http://www.tuffdisc.com/

Remember to imagine the guy that does the trailers for action films reading the spiel to you.

As tubbylad said: “what a lot of tosh”.

Verbatim claims that their Data Life Plus media has a life expectancy of about 100 years if properly looked after and provides a limited lifetime warranty.

What this means, of course, is that whilst they probably won’t last 100 years and they’ll use any excuse not to honour their warranty :wink: they will nevertheless last a very long time indeed if properly handled and kept when not in use.

The reality is that if you look after quality media properly it will probably outlast both you and me whilst if you use rubbish media, in all probability, unless you’re lucky it will be all but useless in a couple of years at most.

the problem is that a lot of the online websites that are selling these disks are selling them as disks that use the same dyes as verbatim. i just think thats totally out of order. A LOT of people will fall for it and perhaps get dissapointed.

we still need someone to give us some feedback on these disks. someone mustve bought these disks??? surely?

i’d like to think the people who post here have more sense

I think these disk are B grade verbatim or something like that.

from what i’ve read in a different forum they are overprints .I get the idea they are much like datawrite or bulkpaq i.e some good some bad some really bad . In the end the only way to get good disc’s is the buy a quality brand name. Only wish you could get the prices you get in america. Than charge as much as you want u.k. :I even see on a site 16x verbatim slightly cheaper than 8x disc verbatim’s

From the Tuffdisc website

Our disc has been reprinted with a tough pebbledash finish producing a media surface that is 40 times more scratch resistant and 20 times more dust resistant than standard DVD media.

Definately sounds like overprints to me.