TSSTCorp TS-L632D (DVD-RW)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung TS-L632D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m not going to try and hide the fact I’m not a hundredth as knowledgeable about hardware as half the people on this site. However, I can figure out most things very quickly once they are explained to me and. I will constantly endeavour to explain everything as thoroughly as I possibly can. With that out of the way, let’s begin…

P.S. I don’t know how to remove the attachments at the end of the post. Pretend they’re there to keep you focused on the task at hand.

A couple days ago I purchased a few DVD+R made by Fujifilm. Upon trying to write on them, I received multiple error messages. It seems that the blank disk has not only no Free Space, but no space at all. Now, I’ve read enough in the past couple hours to believe that installing numerous programs for burning will only lead to wasted time and effort. That, along with the fact that the problem starts with the disk not being read as writable, not writing on the disk itself.

Apparently, I inserted the disk equivalent of air.

Upon figuring out that my drive was reading the blank as nothing and not as a blank I tried putting in a RCA CD-R blank from a stack I used a few months ago. If you understand the difference between nothing and blank, keep reading if not, don’t worry, most people can’t tell the difference between synonyms. The RCA disk was read fine.

The disk equivalent of two pieces of bread asking to be made into a delicious software sandwich.

I began to think that maybe, just maybe, I would be forced to not write on rewritable disks for the rest of my laptop life. THAT I could deal with. But when I purchased some Philips DVD-R, the same error occurred, with one slight improvement…

That’s right, this is special DVD-R air…

Now, like I said earlier, I’ve been looking into this for a couple days. I’ve tried changing the registry for the drive (didn’t work), I’ve made sure the drive is in DMA (not quite sure what it means, but my drive is 100% DMA approved).

Suggestions or discussions for this matter would be massively appreciated.

Example of my appreciation?

I’m glad you asked… Your suggestions are Duff Beer and I’m Homer. Dung and I’m a beetle. Diaper and baby. Faster internet and anyone who reads this.

Get the picture?

Apparently there’s a firmware update. But I don’t want this to happen:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/tsst-ts-l632d-dead-after-firmware-upgrade-248882/

Hi and Welcome!

Windows XP can’t handle blank DVD media.
Please try a DVD burning software. I’d recommend ImgBurn, which is free and does not mess around with your Windows installation.

About the images to be removed, please contact me via PM.

Michael

Wow…

If only everything were that easy to figure out…

Thank you very much Michael, I’ll PM or post should any issues arise.

You’re Welcome![quote=Hagfish;2102495]Thank you very much Michael, I’ll PM or post should any issues arise.[/quote]no PM for technical questions please. That’s why we have the forum :wink: