TSSTcorp TS-L532B Dual Layer Help

Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop that has a TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-L532B drive with the DEO4 firmware. I got a pack of Verbatim 8X DVD+R DL discs yesterday but the burner won’t recognize them. Nero InfoTool shows the manufacturer ID as MKM 003 and the disc status as closed,finalized. All 5 discs in the package show this.

I chatted with Dell support and they had me update the firmware of the drive as well as the laptop BIOS. Discs are still shown as full/finalized when I try to burn with Nero or ImgBurn. The tech gave me a link to http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/storage/P94660/en/specs.htm which seems to suggest that the drive should be able to burn DVD+R dual layer media. Nero InfoTool also says it should be able to burn DVD+R DL discs.

I talked on the phone to another Dell tech who said the drive does not support dual layer discs. Does anyone have one of these drives and knows for certain whether or not they support burning DL media? If it should be able to, I’ll pressure dell for a replacement drive, otherwise I guess I’m out of luck.

Thanks for any help you have.

Use recommended media with this burner!
Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x rated is the correct media!! No 8x!!!

[quote=chef;1877607]Use recommended media with this burner!
Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x rated is the correct media!! No 8x!!![/quote]

Everyone thinks the right media is the solution to everything.