TSSTCorp TS-H653N / S203n Firmware Difference?

vbimport

Hi,

I´ve got an TS-H653N Sata Burner and need to know if its ok like it ist or if I should crosslfash to Samsung s203n Firmware?

Is there a difference or are they both ok?

Thank sin advance

TUllm

Hi and Welcome!

if the firmware of your OEM drive is as good as the retail version depends on the OEM customer, this drive was made for (Dell, HP, eMachines etc.). Some OEM firmwares are the same as 203 firmware, other OEM versions may be heavily modified (to get rid of certain features of the retail drive), which might even influence the burn quality.

I’d suggest to try what you have at first. If you are not happy with the results or feature set, then you can still flash 203N retail firmware. You should know, you’ll void your warranty if you flash firmware which is not intended for this particular drive.

Michael

hi

thank you for the fast response and the welcome.

this drive ist from an hp compaq 7800 small device pc.

ist the firmware of hp as good as the one from samsung?

i´ll try what i have at the moment first.

crossflashing to the 203n shouldn´t be a problem, right? same drive?

regards

tullm

Hi,[quote=tullm;2098921]
thank you for the fast response and the welcome.[/quote]You’re welcome :slight_smile:

this drive ist from an hp compaq 7800 small device pc.

ist the firmware of hp as good as the one from samsung?
No idea.

crossflashing to the 203n shouldn´t be a problem, right? same drive?
Indeed. TS-H653N = SH-S203N. You might have a look into the FAQ (see my signature) to get additional information about how to “force” flash other firmware. :wink:

Michael

Hi,

yeah, i´ve seen that with the “nocheck” option.

I´ll try and if I flash then I´ll do the patch thing first and then flash ist.

Thank you

TUllm

thanks for the post. will try to flash my new TS-H653N with 203N.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2098926]Hi,You’re welcome :slight_smile:
No idea.
Indeed. TS-H653N = SH-S203N. You might have a look into the FAQ (see my signature) to get additional information about how to “force” flash other firmware. :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]