TSSTCorp TS-H652M crossflash to SH-S182M

Hi all,

I bought a compaq desktop a while back and it came with a Tsstcorp TS-H652M. I havent been able to find any new firmware for it, since it is an oem samsung doesnt support it, hp/compaq doesnt have any firmware either.

After searching around I found that it is the same as a samsung SH-S182M. I was thinking of crossflashing it using sfdnwin (with nocheck) to the codeguys SB03 firmware. Has anyone tried this, or am i going to brick this thing if i try?

Hi,

What computer model do you own? This should be helpful to find firmwares on www.hp.com website.

I destroyed my SH-W163A with an attempt to flash Dell firmware :sad:
But that was my own stupidity since the firmwares had different file lenghts :doh:

I am not sure if someone tried SH-S182 to TS-H652M or vice versa, so if you are ready to sacrifice your drive (note any warranty will be void in case of crossflashing) then go ahead. :bigsmile:

[I]Edit: Successful crossflash of Dell TS-H653 to SH-S183 and back is reported here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1836844&postcount=5
[/I]
Another note: If the firmware flasher prompts you to reboot, then do that only if the progress bar has reached 100%. :wink:

Michael

Thanks for the reply. I searched all over the HP site (computer model 5050nx) and found no firmware updates for the drive. I did find a firmware for the TS-H652M (SC02 from here : http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Samsung/Samsung-TS-H652M-Firmware-SC02.shtml ), but it was not an oem firmware, my drive has firmware 0414. The file size of that firmware and the file size of the SH-S182M (SB05) are identical (2.0mb) so I would hope it would work. I just want to be able to update it for new media codes that come out. Ive crossflashed liteon drives in the past with no problems, if i give this one a try I’ll report back on if i works or not.

were u able to cross flash it?
:confused:

I just crossflashed mine to a SH-S182M - SB05 firmware and it works great now…

The OEM firmware 0414 sucked and the drive made coasters.

Lightscribe now works great too… :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

THanks
for the link i found update for my 652L

[quote=unisaw;1904576]I just crossflashed mine to a SH-S182M - SB05 firmware and it works great now…

The OEM firmware 0414 sucked and the drive made coasters.

Lightscribe now works great too… :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]

Halo,

Need your advise how you do the crossflash?

Thx :slight_smile:
:bow::bow::bow:

Hi an Welcome![quote=zvs;2049470]Halo,

Need your advise how you do the crossflash?
[/quote]You’ll find all information needed in the FAQ (which are also denoted with “[B]Read First[/B]”) :wink:

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2051501]Hi an Welcome!You’ll find all information needed in the FAQ (which are also denoted with “[B]Read First[/B]”) :wink:

Michael[/quote]

yup michael,

I missed out that thread :stuck_out_tongue:
I had managed to follow the step and got it done hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Tx

hi guys! i just couldn’t help it but i made my own brew of a SB06 firmware… it was tricky but it was a success… i just tampered the original SB06 firmware and added a “no-lock” on it a.k.a. rpc1.

enjoy…

http://www.zshare.net/download/51576650e9c80baf/

Hi,[quote=SCSIme;2160361]hi guys! i just couldn’t help it but i made my own brew of a SB06 firmware… it was tricky but it was a success… i just tampered the original SB06 firmware and added a “no-lock” on it a.k.a. rpc1.
[/quote]Well, with MCSE or C0deKing’s Patch Utility, it is really easy to make a Samsung stock firmware RPC1 :wink:

Welcome at CDfreaks!

Michael

I’ve never heard of someone wanting to flash backwards to an SH-182x drive, since most people have been flashing their drives the other way, to get rid of the DVD-R lead-in problem.

You might still consider a flash to the possibly better alternative of the Philips SPD6002T with P1.3 firmware or the TS-H652M with KC03:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/dvd-r-lead-fixed-samsung-sh-s182d-m-237514/

Hi,[quote=negritude;2160436]I’ve never heard of someone wanting to flash backwards to an SH-182x drive,[/quote]Well, more or less proud owners of a Dell, HP or other “big name” computer with a 652M OEM installed, would normally think for crossflashing to retail firmware as best option. At least if there were no firmware updates from the OEM.

since most people have been flashing their drives the other way, to get rid of the DVD-R lead-in problem.
I am not sure about the “most people” :wink:

And: look when this thread was started and compare with the date you posted the information about KC03 :slight_smile:

Michael