TSSTcorp SH-S203B - Not able to write cds

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello,

Trying to figure out why my TSSTcorp SH-S203B drive will not burn cds. It reads the discs just fine, but I cannot continue the burning process after I have specified that data I want to burn. I have tried nero and roxio products thus far.

After doing some internet research, and looking through the forums here I have tried a few things.

1. I found new firmware updates. So I wanted to try and apply them. First I downloaded the WININQUIRY program from samsungodd.com. When I run that I get the error ‘DRIVE NOT FOUND!!’

So I proceeded to try the live update from samsungodd.com. The program displays the following message when I try the live update feature.
‘In your system, any kind of CDROM drive is searched.’

1. The drive does show up in the device manager.

3.Here are my system specs.
AMD® Athlon 64 X2 3800+
NVIDIA® nForce 560 Chipset
4 SATAII ports by NVIDIA® nForce 560
4GB DDR2 800 Memory

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi and Welcome!

are there any error messages from your burning software?
Please try ImgBurn and post the log.

Not sure, if this helps, but you should also install latest chipset drivers from Nvidia.com.

Michael

Your help is much appreciated.

First I installed the newest Nforce drivers for my motherboard from the NVidia website.

Then I installed ImgBurn and here is the log file! Let me know what you think?

I 14:15:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 14:15:09 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)
I 14:15:09 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,764 KB  -  Available: 1,197,204 KB
I 14:15:09 Initialising SPTI...
I 14:15:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
E 14:15:09 Failed to check for ImgBurn update!
E 14:15:12 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\.\CdRom0' (D:)
E 14:15:12 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 14:15:12 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 14:15:12 This drive will not be visible in the program.
W 14:15:12 No devices detected!

In the mean time I will try and find some information on this ‘SECRET’ ImgBurn is mentioning…

Thanks again.

Hi,[QUOTE=haynest;2296960]

E 14:15:12 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.

[/QUOTE]Congrats! You managed to install a rootkiton your computer. :eek:

Reinstall Windows on a fresh formatted partition.

Michael

I have BitDefender 2009 on my computer and Malwarebytes…

So I do not believe that a rootkit is the problem. However, I am willing to try your solution. I will post back soon, and let you know whats up.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=haynest;2297027]I have BitDefender 2009 on my computer and Malwarebytes…[/quote]Security software does not prevent you from malware installation. q.e.d.

So I do not believe that a rootkit is the problem.
It is. The entries in your logfile are clear indicators.

However, I am willing to try your solution. I will post back soon, and let you know whats up.
Don’t forget to change all your passwords for online services etc asap. Best method would be using a live CD.

Michael