TSSTcorp SH-S183A closes as soon as eject is pressed

Got an SH-S183A with my brand new in every way computer on advice from a friend. When it works I am very impressed with it and it does everything I want it to.

However, most of the time when I press the eject button, the tray comes out then goes back in again straight away without any more button presses. Then, if I manage to get a disc in the tray in this short time, nothing happens. It just sits there.

The device still shows up in Device Manager and System Information, showing no problems. It shows up in My Computer although disappears randomly sometimes. I have updated the firmware to its newest version. If it does choose to work on startup, it will work for the entire session until I turn the computer off again.

With any solution you give, make sure the step-by-step is clear because I’m not as computer savvy as a lot of you appear to be, but I’m at my wit’s end with this problem and no one else seems able to help me so I have turned to you guys for help. :bigsmile:

Hi and Welcome!

this is not normal. If there is any warranty, then contact the vendor or the manufacturer of your computer (if the drive came with it) to get a replacement (I’d strongly suggest getting a 203 drive then).

If you (or your friend) built the computer yourself, then check if all cables are properly connected.

Michael