Tsstcorp dvd+ rw ts h653b won't read or burn anything

vbimport

have a tsstcorp dvd+ rw ts h653b i know it works because i just toke it out of my old pc and was working fine and now on new pc not reading anything but it is picked up in my computer all drives are installed done tryed deleating upperfilters & lower filters no luck Can anyone help me please done spent all my nights trying to get it to read again help please!!! I’m running windows vista ultimate 64 bit and i toke the drive out of vista home basic 32 bit and work fine in that old pc <!-- / message -->

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

When you say “not reading anything” - you’re talking about all optical media i.e. CD/CDR/Audio CD, and both burned and pressed DVD discs?

If that is the case, have you tried using the cable that you were using in the old PC, or if you are already using the same cable, try a fresh one? Maybe double-check all cables are plugged in securely, too.

Can you boot from your Vista disc? You may have to change the boot sequence in your PC’s BIOS to test this out.

I would doubt the drive itself has gone bad, between simply swapping it from one PC to another, although with computers anything is possible. :wink:

yes i can boot from it but when i try to burn or read a dick it dont even show a disk in drive i have no clue whats going on i tried upper and lower filters didnt help i kno the drive works i just put it back in the old pc and worked fine could it be somthing in bios not set right

Definitely a software problem I’d say, rather than hardware. Can you list any and all burning software currently installed - including any emulation/virtual drive software (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools, PowerISO etc), and do you have iTunes installed?

If Windows is actually recognising the drive, I can’t think of any BIOS settings that would need adjusting.

windows dvd burner thats all

Only software i have installed is windows dvd maker and no i do not have itunes installed and i was wondering i heard somthing about cross flashing it to sh-s203b_sb04 firmware will work but i have no clue how to put the -NOCHECK in the target box of thh shortcut i have no clue where it goes in target box can somone show me please

I wouldn’t have though crossflashing it would make a difference, especially if it’s working in the other PC (which would indicate to me that the drive is fine).

You didn’t mention the cables: did you use the same cable to connect the drive to both PCs?

yes i did and i even tryed 2 other sata cables still didnt work

Hi,

have you crosschecked if your drive still works if connected to your old computer?

Also, please tell use something about the Sata controller your drive is connected to (Model, operation mode, driver used).
My assumption: Compatibility issue with the Sata controller.

Michael

Here is the link to the motherboard im useing this tells you all the specs and let me add this when i first put the drive in the computer it work then i reinstalled windows vista ultimate and it just stop working.

Link:http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=K10N78M

Okay. Nvidia chipset.
Could you also please answer my question about the operation mode of the Sata controller (Raid, AHCI, etc.) you configured in Bios? Also, the drivers that are used can be of importance.

Either use MS default drivers, or see if the latest drivers from nvidia.com help improving things.

Michael

i’m use bios setting IDE and i got the latest drivers from nvidia

Okay.

What happens if you start your computer in Safe Mode?

Michael

P.S.: Crossflashing is not a good idea on a system with interface issues.

it still wont read anything or burn anything i dont kno whats up with it it work b$ when i first put it in the new comp then it just stop and i put it back in old comp just to make sure it wasnt gone and it work fine in old one

Okay.

you may try this: uninstall Nvidia Sata/IDE drivers by using the Nvidia installer that is usually located in “Add/Remove Programs” in Control Panel. After a reboot, Windows should install its own generic drivers.

Michael

nope still didnt work

My last ideas:

try different Sata ports
check if you have the latest Bios update for your motherboard installed.

Michael