TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462A

I have an HP dv1000 laptop, and have noticed that under My Computer, my CD-R/ DVD drive is no longer there. All I see is my Hard Drive, C. I went to the Device Manager option, and discovered that I am missing a driver for this device. I downloaded several drivers in BIN format, U300ELS and U301ELS, however I could not manually install them under the Troubleshooting prompt.When I go to install the driver manually, the option refuses to search the Desktop, where I downloaded the aforementioned drivers. I could not find an EXE type driver, and SFDWIN, which I got from Samsung, could not even find the drive.

I have no idea what to do, this drive was working fine for a couple of months, and it came default with the computer. Any help installing the missing driver is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a Gateway 7322 with a TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TSD-L462A Drive and I’m having the same problem. Suddenly it doesn’t appear in “My Computer” and it has a yellow exclamation in “Device Manager” that says: “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)”

I’ve uninstalled the driver and it has the same problem, and the windows troubleshooter was no help (is it ever?). Any suggestions?

hi everybody, if you also have TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TSD-L462A, I will ask you something. are you also in trouble with readind dvd movies? my driver cannot read some of my dvd videos while works properly with others. I have no idea what the reason is and what is the difference between the dvd movies. I dont know maybe it is because of dual layer dvds. for example yesterday I watched poseidon but today I could not watch king arthur. when I place the cd in place, a little turning sound and then stops, it even doesnot see the disc is there, cause the folder seems empty and no autoplay starts which is my windvd that should play the dvd. but nothing happens, I try and try but nothing happens. I also tried it with my friends computer, ı was very upset to see that nothing was wrong with dvd, cause it played well. I formatted my windows and drivers but nothing has changed, I still cant watch the dvds which were expensive enough for me. pleasehelp me… thank you.

My Compaq Presario laptop has a “TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-462D” drive and is having the same driver problem. However, I can boot from the drive. I can run Knoppix just fine. So the drive itself is fine. The problem should lie with the driver.

I would like to be able to re-download the driver, but I don’t know what file(s) the driver would be. Uninstalling and re-installing the hardware does not help. I just wanted to add my information in hopes that someone will have a solution to the problem.

Hi George.H, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Are you getting a specific error code under the device in Device Manager?

If you are, post it here. Sounds like a software problem. :slight_smile:

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-462D Properties -> General

Device status

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The
driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Thanks for any help,

George.H

Hi George.H :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting the error. Deleting your upper/lower filters would be a good thing to try, given the error code.

Assuming you’re using XP and not Vista, follow the instructions on this Microsoft support page. There is also a Guided Help on the same page to make the process easier.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Thank you Arachne. The instructions on the Microsoft support page did the trick.

Excellent, you’re welcome :slight_smile: - glad it helped :clap:

Hi!

I have a problem!!

My DELL inspiron 1501 had the same trouble that is mentioned in this topic, but I cant use the solytion thatyou mentioned here because this DELL dont have Windows XP…it has Windows Vista…im so bored with this…so, does anyone know what can I do with this?

I cant even see the CD unit…so…im gonna cry!!! :confused: :sad:

Hi and Welcome!

in case that guided help won’t work with Vista, then you’ll have to edit the registry manually according to the instructions given. Or contact Dell support for further advice.
To avoid this issue, only use CD/DVD related software that is known to be Vista compatible.

Michael

Hi All
I am new here but not to computers as I am a wireless and networking tech and have been for a number of years. However, I am now stumped. My problem is I am running Vista Ultimate on a Toshiba Tecra A3 laptop. Today my CDW/DVD TS-L462A stopped working. I have done extensive research online and have not been able to find a solution. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks

Hi, Can anyone please help me??? I have the Toshibe Tecra A6, my problem being I can not seem to be able to find any Dvd-R that will work with this drive…Am I just being thick…hope someone can help me. :a

Hi krissycains, welcome to CDF! :slight_smile:

If you could be a bit more specific - what OS do you have (XP, Vista etc)?

What’s the nature of the problem? Do you get burn errors? Does it recognise DVD-Rs? What software are you using to (try and) burn DVD-Rs? What brand of discs have you tried?

Sorry for all the questions, but all info helps to pin down the problem quicker, hopefully :slight_smile:

Problem, Toshiba Satellite L15; with TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462A . The computer won’t recognize the CDW/DVD. Working through System Properties and Device Drivers have uninstalled driver and reinstalled it–problem still exists.

I saw a posting on Google for this site with this problem that I am trying to find.

My question concerning not being able to access the TSSTcorp TS-L462A was answered by the previous postings suggesting using the Microsoft “Guided Help” program (method 1) for removing the Upper and Lower Filters. Thanks.

QUOTE: Deleting your upper/lower filters would be a good thing to try, given the error code.

Thank You so much, i gave up trying to fix my cd drive couple years ago. Today is 2011, decide to give it a try and do another research for the solution. Comes out its not a driver, it’s registry!!!

Thanks again