Tsstcorp cddvdw ts-l633m ata divice

vbimport

I have HP G60-230US laptop and just this past week I noticed my D/DVD player wasn’t working. I would insert a disk and nothing would happen, even if the disk was new and contained its own executable. I could see the device in my device manager, but it had a small yellow triangle next to it, implying there was a software conflict. This is the message which appears on icon.
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Any assistance given will be greatly appreciated.
Flowers

Hi and Welcome!

see if this does help with your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael

[QUOTE=Flowers;2477871]I have HP G60-230US laptop and just this past week I noticed my D/DVD player wasn’t working. I would insert a disk and nothing would happen, even if the disk was new and contained its own executable. I could see the device in my device manager, but it had a small yellow triangle next to it, implying there was a software conflict. This is the message which appears on icon.
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Any assistance given will be greatly appreciated.
Flowers[/QUOTE]

I went to HP help desk UK and got the following instructions. After following the instructions exactly as printed they worked on my system and I now have my CD/DVD DRIVE back.

[B]Delete the Upper and the Lower Filters:ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>[/B]

• Click Start > run, type in regedit in run window.
  • In the registry window locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory, double click on this directory.
  • Under this double click on SYSTEM directory.
  • Under this double click on Current Control Set directory.
  • Under this double click on Control directory.
  • Under this double click on Class directory.
  • Under this double click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} directory.
    At the right hand side in this directory we will find the Upper filters and Lower filters, we need to delete or remove Upper filters and Lower filters.
    [B]Note:[/B] Some Notebook’s may do not have either upper or lower filters listed.
  • Restart your computer.
    [B]Reinstall DVD drivers:[/B]
    You can reinstall the device driver by uninstalling the device. The system will detect the hardware device install a fresh set of drivers for the device.
    [B]To uninstall the DVD drivers, follow these steps:<O:p></O:p>[/B]
  • Click Start and then type Run in start search.
  • On the Run Bar type devmgmt.msc in the box and click Ok.
  • Click the plus (+) sign next to the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
  • Right-click the driver listed under this Category and select Uninstall. In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.\
  • Click actions tab in device manager.
  • Once we have clicked actions tab, select scan for new hardware changes.
    Windows will automatically detect and install the drivers for the device.

Delete the Upper and the Lower Filters:

• Click Start > run, type in regedit in run window.
  • In the registry window locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory, double click on this directory.
  • Under this double click on SYSTEM directory.
  • Under this double click on Current Control Set directory.
  • Under this double click on Control directory.
  • Under this double click on Class directory.
  • Under this double click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} directory.
    At the right hand side in this directory we will find the Upper filters and Lower filters, we need to delete or remove Upper filters and Lower filters.
    Note: Some Notebook’s may do not have either upper or lower filters listed.
  • Restart your computer.
    Reinstall DVD drivers:
    You can reinstall the device driver by uninstalling the device. The system will detect the hardware device install a fresh set of drivers for the device.
    To uninstall the DVD drivers, follow these steps:
  • Click Start and then type Run in start search.
  • On the Run Bar type devmgmt.msc in the box and click Ok.
  • Click the plus (+) sign next to the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
  • Right-click the driver listed under this Category and select Uninstall. In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.\
  • Click actions tab in device manager.
  • Once we have clicked actions tab, select scan for new hardware changes.
    Windows will automatically detect and install the drivers for the device.

Hi,

glad you got it :slight_smile:
This is btw the same information as in the MSKB article I posted the link to :smiley:

Michael