TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B SB02 problems

vbimport

I have a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B SB02 Drive, it worked well at first, a faster drive you couldn’t find, but after a month it’s starting to fail me. It’s very slow now, I’ve tried so many things to get it back to it’s normal speed but nothing seems to work :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:…i’m outta options now:confused::confused::confused:… normally it would burn a dvd in 2-3mins now it’s burning the "same" dvd in 21 mins. So i know that there’s a problem somewhere.

can someone plzzzzzzzz help me…:sad:

Sounds like the drive is running in PIO mode. You haven’t given any details other than your DVD writer model so I am going to assume that you are using Windows XP or Vista.

To check if the drive is running in PIO or DMA mode go to device manager, select the controller that the drive is connected, right click and select properties. On the advanced settings tab it will give the current transfer mode.

I’m using Wndows XP. I have no idea which controller it’s connected to. I see 2 Primary IDE Channel and 1 Secondary IDE Channel.

[U]The first Primary IDE Channel advanced setting is[/U] :

[B][U][I]Device 0[/I][/U][/B]
[B][I][/I][/B]
Device type : Auto detection
Transfer mode : DMA if available
Current Transfer mode : Ultra DMA Mode 5

[B][I][U]Device 1[/U][/I][/B]
[B][I][/I][/B]
Current Transfer mode : Not Applicable

[U]The second Primary IDE Channel advanced setting is[/U] :

[B][I][U]Device 0[/U][/I][/B]
[B][I][/I][/B]

[B][I][/I][/B]

[U]The Secondary IDE Channel advanced setting is[/U] :

[B][I][U]Device 0[/U][/I][/B]
[B][I][/I][/B]
Current Transfer mode : Ultra DMA Mode 5

[B][I][/I][/B]
Device type : auto detection

Hi,[quote=slimthang;2156573]I’m using Wndows XP. I have no idea which controller it’s connected to. [/quote]That’s really bad, since the knowledge of the Sata controller might help troubleshooting.

Try the drive in another computer, this should rule out issues with your own system.

Michael

P.S.: I deleted your other post in the Samsung forum since crossposting is against our rules. :cop:

If you have only 2 drives in your computer (1 hard drive and the Samsung DVD) then PIO mode is not the problem. The information you have posted shows 2 drives running in UDMA mode. If you have more than 2 drives then we will need to check which controller the Samsung is connected to.

Michael’s suggestion of trying the DVD drive in another computer is a quick and easy way of confirming that it is the drive at fault.

Ok i tried the drive in another computer and it worked perfectly…so i put in back into my computer and it started working perfectly in mine too…so problem solved

Thanks alot :flower::flower: