TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH - S202J ATA

vbimport

Hi everyone , i have the above DVD RW drive and i am using Windows 7 . I have never used this drive to burn Dual Layer discs until today and i have upgraded it to the latest firmware version SB03. My problem is trying to make a Back up of my ORIGINAL Ford Denso Navigation 2005 - 2006 DVD. I have this installed in my Mondeo 2006 and all works fine. I have read many suggestions on how to achieve this using Verbatim DVD+R DL and DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn etc etc. I cannot seem to read the disc as it starts giving fail notice after 8 minutes into reading the DVD. I have iso files of three JAGUAR DVD on my hard drive and tried burning the UK one to a Blank RICOH DVD+R Dual layer which was successful, but it wasnt recognised by the car DVD unit ?? It maybe down to my drive not being updated enough or good enough to read this kind of DVD Dual Layer disc ! I have read that the best discs to use are VERBATIM which i will try soon when i have some spare dosh as they are expensive to make coasters out of. I may have to update to a NEWER drive and hope they have better lasers to be able to read these kind of discs. DVD Decrypter reported no kind of encryption when set to iso read mode so it might be a mark on the disc making it not readable at a certain point . Any input would be gratefully received Thanks mentorman :sad:

Hi,[QUOTE=mentorman;2542348]Hi everyone , i have the above DVD RW drive and i am using Windows 7 . I have never used this drive to burn Dual Layer discs until today and i have upgraded it to the latest firmware version SB03. My problem is trying to make a Back up of my ORIGINAL Ford Denso Navigation 2005 - 2006 DVD.[/quote]Backing up a navigation DVD is often difficult, and sometimes no success can be achieved. We have a large thread about this topic here: http://club.myce.com/f80/make-backup-your-cd-dvd-navigation-disc-137886/

I have iso files of three JAGUAR DVD on my hard drive and tried burning the UK one
Sorry, we can’t help you with that. :cop:

Michael
Thread closed.