Tsstcorp cd dvdw ts-l632h

>Mine is a compaq c773tu notebook,have been using it for over a year now and is not under warranty

>my dvd drive,ts-l632h doesnt show any problems in device manager but no cd or dvd is detected by it.

>system becomes busy when I insert any disc and when i open the drive,it shows no contents.

>xp installation cd is not recognized either while booting

can someone explain this bizarre happening… i read a few related threads but I dont think i used daemon tools at any point of time

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If your XP disc isn’t recognised while booting (i.e., you can’t boot off it), then the CD part at least has probably died. As no software will have loaded that could interfere.

If you don’t have a bootable DVD anywhere, then I’m not sure how to test that part - hopefully someone can point you to a (legal) download that you can burn on another PC, and try booting off to check that part.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2302418]If you don’t have a bootable DVD anywhere, then I’m not sure how to test that part - hopefully someone can point you to a (legal) download that you can burn on another PC, and try booting off to check that part.[/QUOTE]Nothing is easier :slight_smile:
http://www.knoppix.org/ (Legit Torrents: http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/)
http://sidux.com/

Both have CD and DVD images.

Michael

^ I knew you’d know where some could be found :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2302440]^ I knew you’d know where some could be found :iagree:[/QUOTE]I like Sidux as ODD troubleshooting tool :slight_smile: From the CD, you can create a bootable USB device, that also has K3B (a “Nero” style CD/DVD burning software) aboard.
With that “toolkit”, Sidux Live DVD, Sidux Live CD and a bootable USB stick with Sidux, you can thoroughly test drive your ODD - even on laptops. Very nifty :smiley:

Michael

thanks… will check it up and post the results immediately :slight_smile:

the drive s recognized but doesnt read any cds or dvds

[QUOTE=ripperdon.108;2304157]the drive s recognized but doesnt read any cds or dvds[/QUOTE]That’s bad. You may trying if cleaning the lens will help. You may also try if reseating the drive (see if there is a service manual available on HP website) helps. If not, it’s time to buy a new drive :frowning:

Michael

If you live in Europe please send me a PM with the drive’s serial number.
I will then check if the drive is still in warranty, and if so I will send you the service instructions to have the drive replaced.

[QUOTE=sosa2006;2304249]If you live in Europe please send me a PM with the drive’s serial number.
I will then check if the drive is still in warranty, and if so I will send you the service instructions to have the drive replaced.[/QUOTE]even with an OEM drive that was sold to HP/Compaq? I always thought, there is no end user support for OEM devices :confused:

Michael

thanks for the support :slight_smile:

am sure mine is not under the warranty…

will check up at the service centre…looks like i would end up replacing the drive though :frowning: