TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U Burning CD's

vbimport

hello everyone, my TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U ( samsung, latest firmware instlld) when recording audio cd’s the last track’s record’s with crackling noise. (also when recorded other CD reader’s have problem reading them CD’s.)

sometimes nearly whole cd record’s like that.
diff types of media tried…

any ideas? in general the drive work’s reads cd’s etc… what a helll ?? :slight_smile:

Hi, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What burn speed are you using, and what software?

On similar drives I have to yours (actual Samsung branded (SH-S…) and OEM (TS-xxxx…)), I tend to burn audio at 16x.

If you’re burning music files (.wma, .mp3, .wav etc) to regular CD audio, then you might try the free software Burrrn - I known it to work where other software has failed in some way.

Lastly, use good media - preferably Taiyo Yuden (look for “Made in Japan” on packaging), but if those are hard to find for you, then something like Sony.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks, yes welcome my self to the forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So : used nero v7-v8 before, now using ashampo v9. burned the disk @ x16 speed. seems fine. doesn’t krackle shmakl’ :slight_smile: but anyways this doesnt make me happy as in general i cant feckin’ burn discs even @ 32x :frowning: ANY IDEAZ PEOPLL? :wink: Laser worned out? doesnt burn 010101010 strong enough? i dont know lol… so sad. p.s Arachne, mate why da heck you have so much cd’romz? : )))) p.s Sony media is good? also verbatim i know…mhm, any other brands that mite be available in europe? made in japan obviously are good…what about india? they should sound also…?

Higher speed burns aren’t great for audio cds, from all accounts. Arachne’s recommendation of 16x is sound. :slight_smile:

Can’t help on media choices since I haven’t used any cds except Taiyo Yuden in many years. Just not worth futzing with the lower quality stuff.

And Arachne has “so much cd’romz” cause she is an addict! We’ve recommended that she go to DVDDrive Addicts Anonymous, but she won’t listen. :bigsmile:

Yeah, the higher the burn speed = often the higher the jitter (not good especially with audio discs) :wink:

(More info on jitter can be found in our Blank Media forum if you’re interested).

I think, as long as you keep to 16x for audio, generally any CD-R will do the job, as long as it’s not real el-cheapo stuff, although obviously Japanese CD media is preferred. Not too sure how long lesser quality discs will last, either. :wink:

@Kerry - hey, I haven’t bought a drive in ages! I’ve slowed right down, they’re all older models :bigsmile:

omg im becomming a total lunatic, joining myce have resulted in browsing WWW for WHERE TO BUY tayo yuden…now i found them sellin under JVC’s name…aand verbatim. (some) now i want to be happy with the result am ai rite? aaaaa? I WANT GOOD PRINTABLE CDR ( i downlod flac’s waw’s etc, hate mp3 quality, and recording them to cd and playing back in my car, or a party gives me a great time. so tayo holdon… im becomming another arachne.

If you are in the US you can buy Taiyo Yuden from online shops like rima.com and supermediastore.com. They carry both cds and dvds made by TY.

unfotunatellyy I AM MADE IN EUROPE :wink:

[QUOTE=ppkaskinas;2468569]omg im becomming a total lunatic, joining myce have resulted in browsing WWW for WHERE TO BUY tayo yuden…now i found them sellin under JVC’s name…aand verbatim. (some) now i want to be happy with the result am ai rite? aaaaa? I WANT GOOD PRINTABLE CDR ( i downlod flac’s waw’s etc, hate mp3 quality, and recording them to cd and playing back in my car, or a party gives me a great time. so tayo holdon… im becomming another arachne.[/QUOTE]

LOL! :bigsmile:

OK, I’m in the UK (which I’m guessing is where you’re from as well?). The Verbatim-branded Taiyo Yuden discs (either “Extra Protection” or Pastel ones) are EXCELLENT - if you can find some for a decent price, grab 'em :slight_smile:

lmfao arachne im from IRL :slight_smile: not too far lol :slight_smile: So youre telling me that i haf to look for Extra protection,ok im clear with that.

what about them pastel ones? :slight_smile: those one’s that look like simple unbranded cdr’s? if so ive seen those verbatims somewhere befoa… BTW to say than’ks i will do this :
http://www.jam-eu.com/products_top.html

these are the re-branded tayo yuden’ssess. BTW nearly ended up ordering discs from JAPAN LOL :D:D:D:D

BTW again, do tayo do printable, lightscribe and/or CDRs? (under them verbatim’s name?)

Hehe, yeah IRL is close enough :bigsmile:

Only the Extra Protection ones that’re made in Japan…'cos there are Extra Protection ones made in Taiwan and India as well. :wink:

Yeah, the Pastel ones can be a bit hard to get now (you’ll have to look online), but some places still have them.

I never tried the JVC ones yet, be nice to check those out :smiley:

Nah, TY don’t do Lightscribe AFAIK…they do regular printable though - found this: http://www.dvdshoponline.co.uk/P4260.html :wink:

EDIT: Also found some TY printable discs here (100 discs, don’t know if you need/will use that many) - I’ve shopped at this place before and they’re really good. They also have more printable TYs if you look in their Printable CD-R section. :slight_smile:

Ok, this cleared my considerationz, ok :

about this in general…so i know few shops where they store 20+ brands of cd media, so what i have to look for is a made in japan verbatim’s? ( extra protection ) do they have some certain look or smthn? ( i need to know what im looking for…)
and does this applies…to pastel, do they write made in japan on a package? p.s what do u think is the second/3rd-good disk media type?
Arachne = for you to have a laugh : i was havin a nightmare this night, was seeing bill gates sitting in some IT conference auditorium and holding tayo yuden cd disk in his mouth…! ( im not lying!)
P.s tell me all your knowledge ! i need it! i remembered how many problems i had writing media…omg. dont want it anymoa.
p.s i need quite alot 1oo or +…so them links are brilliant, hope they deliver to IRL.
mm one moa ting : verbatim is the easiest media to find, are theyr super azo any good? ( p.s made in india one’s? i dont even talk about made in china lol…)

There should (IIRC) be something with pics of the cakebox/spindle that TYs come in in this thread from our blank media forum (the spindle has quite a distinctive shape). :slight_smile:

Also, TY Verbatims will say on the side of the spindle “Made in Japan” (this holds true for both the Verbatim/TY CDRs and DVD Rs).

Bill Gates with a TY disc in his mouth - LOL! A pic of that would go down really well on here :bigsmile:

Hehe, I don’t know half of what I’d like to…but I learned what bit I do know just from hanging around here (mainly in the Blank Media forum, there’s some amazing media knowledge in there :eek: )

EDIT: Yep, fingers crossed they’ll deliver to you! As for the Made in India super AZO ones…well let’s just say I’d stick to Taiyo Yuden if you want the best :wink:

Oh, and the Pastel ones = ditto, should say MIJ. Second good disc type for me would be Sony. I’m sure others will disagree there heh. (and yet another edit: sony would be my second best CDR type. Best DVD R media IMO is Verbatim, hands down) :wink: