TSST TS-L632D HH16 firmware?

Hello, first post here! waves

So, I was thinking of trying to flash my drive, a TSST TS-L632D so I can watch region 2 discs. I did a bunch of research and downloaded DISC Info. I run it and the firmware says…HH16. I recognise that this is HP OEM firmware. So I go to rpc1.org…and the site is down. It’s not working for me at this moment. But even when I check the firmware page through Google cache, there’s nothing on HH16! It goes straight from HH15 to HH17.

I read on another forum that someone with HH16 flashed to HH15 and was fine, so I was thinking of doing that. Would that be wise? Also, would I flash to the normal OEM HH15 and then the modified, or straight to the modified firmware?

And, last but not least, where would I get the files, as the site is down?

Seriously, there is barely any information on HH16 anywhere, and I haven’t even seen it on this site…

Hi and Welcome![quote=samantha42;2052953]
So, I was thinking of trying to flash my drive, a TSST TS-L632D so I can watch region 2 discs. I did a bunch of research and downloaded DISC Info. I run it and the firmware says…HH16. I recognise that this is HP OEM firmware. [/quote]I assume, you own a HP or Compaq notebook. Go to HP website and check the “driver downloads” for your notebook model. Hopefully you may find a firmware for your drive there.
HP delivers drivers, software updates etc as SPnnnnn.exe files, that can be extracted with archivers like the free 7-zip. For your Samsung drive, the extracted archive should contain the flasher sfdnwin.exe and the firmware file which has a .bin extension. Patch the latter using MCSE and flash it into your drive.
You’ll find some basic information among the “Read First” threads in the Samsung DVD burner forum.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2052971]Hi and Welcome!I assume, you own a HP or Compaq notebook. Go to HP website and check the “driver downloads” for your notebook model. Hopefully you may find a firmware for your drive there.
HP delivers drivers, software updates etc as SPnnnnn.exe files, that can be extracted with archivers like the free 7-zip. For your Samsung drive, the extracted archive should contain the flasher sfdnwin.exe and the firmware file which has a .bin extension. Patch the latter using MCSE and flash it into your drive.
You’ll find some basic information among the “Read First” threads in the Samsung DVD burner forum.

Michael[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have an HP Pavilion dv6000z, and I checked the site already, multiple times, just to see if I missed anything. As far as I can tell, they’ve released no firmware.

I’m wondering if I should just let things be and not chance it, and go for AnyDVD. That’s guaranteed to work, right? I don’t want to brick my drive…

[quote=samantha42;2052972]I’m wondering if I should just let things be and not chance it, and go for AnyDVD. That’s guaranteed to work, right? I don’t want to brick my drive…[/quote]Indeed, there is always a risk to kill the drive, and using patched firmware will void your warranty.
So a software solution might be the better choice for your :iagree:

Michael