Tsst ts-h653g dw10 hh

vbimport

Hey got this drive about a year ago at my local computer store against my better judgement to always pick my own drives. It’s a Toshiba Samsung Drive flashed with dell firmware. Dose anyone know if there is a set of Samsung firmware out there for this drive. I’m wanting to flash it in the hopes of getting Bitsetting enabled do do some DVD burning of some of my favorite shows.

I found a TS-H653G firmware on the samsung site but i dont know if it’s compatable and i dont want to brick the drive any one have any ideas?

Firmware Version On Drive: DW10
Frimware on Samsung site: SB00

[QUOTE=Anakar;2668390]I found a TS-H653G firmware on the samsung site but i dont know if it’s compatable and i dont want to brick the drive any one have any ideas?

Firmware Version On Drive: DW10
Frimware on Samsung site: SB00[/QUOTE] Is that a thin drive for laptops or a 5.25" drive for desktops?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2668408]Is that a thin drive for laptops or a 5.25" drive for desktops?[/QUOTE]

Its a DELL OEM 5.25" drive.

@Anakar

Dell has released two firmware updates for this drive: DW20 and DW30. You can force flash the SB00, but you’ll be better off updating to the DW30 instead as it is 2 years newer than Samsung’s SB00.

You can find DW30 here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-220s?driverId=R306360&fileId=2731119229&osCode=ww1

PS. You can also find the SC00 and SC01 firmwares for this model on the Korean Samsung site, but DW30 is still a year newer than the SC01 … so again it would be better to update to the DELL DW30 instead, since it is newer and most likely has better media support as a result…

[QUOTE=cvs;2668418]PS. You can also find the SC00 and SC01 firmwares for this model on the Korean Samsung site, but DW30 is still a year newer than the SC01 … so again it would be better to update to the DELL DW30 instead, since it is newer and most likely has better media support as a result…[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks i’m going to try it if it works you’re a life saver

Flash went great no problem and i think this drive simply lacks any Bitsetting features since i still cant set any. Thanks for the help though. :bigsmile:

Lack of bitsetting is a feature of Dell OEM firmwares.

Michael

[QUOTE=Anakar;2668431]Flash went great no problem and i think this drive simply lacks any Bitsetting features since i still cant set any. Thanks for the help though. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use C0deKing’s Patch Utility to patch your drive and sort out bitsetting.