TSST TS-H552D reads, but won't burn - help please!

vbimport

Hi. I am new to this type of thing. I am hoping to get some help before I smash my 'puter 2 bits!
My system is an E-machines W3503 running Windows Vista Home Premium. It has been serviced by Gateway once and they replaced my HDD, Motherboard and DVD rom drive. The DVD drive is the problem. It’s a TSST TS-H552D ATA it worked well for about three months. Now it will not burn anything at all. It will however, read and play anything you put into it. It just will not burn ANY type of files to ANY type of disc. Please help

[QUOTE=bgnblk42;2034763]Hi. I am new to this type of thing. I am hoping to get some help before I smash my 'puter 2 bits!
My system is an E-machines W3503 running Windows Vista Home Premium. It has been serviced by Gateway once and they replaced my HDD, Motherboard [B]and DVD rom drive[/B]. The DVD drive is the problem. It’s a TSST TS-H552D ATA it worked well for about three months. Now it will not burn anything at all. It will however, read and play anything you put into it. It just will not burn ANY type of files to ANY type of disc. Please help[/QUOTE]

This is no DVD-ROM.
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters/samsung-sh-w162d-ts-h552d/1465

Post a logfile or more info.

It has been serviced by Gateway once and they replaced my HDD, Motherboard and DVD rom drive. The DVD drive is the problem. It’s a TSST TS-H552D ATA it worked well for about three months. Now it will not burn anything at all. It will however, read and play anything you put into it. It just will not burn ANY type of files to ANY type of disc. Please help

Has it worked to burn since being replaced?

As pointed out by Chef, more information would be splendid in trying to help you.