Tsst Corp Ts- L632H ATA DVD Drive

vbimport

Question? I had a Dell Inspiron 1720 Notebook with a dvd drive TS-L632H ATA in it. Do any one know if this drive has firmware update that I can use to make this drive change the book type when coping my dvd’s movies. If this is not in the right forum please move it or let me know.

Thanks
Mr. Bill :bow:

Hi,

this drive supports bitsetting controlled by the application (e.g. Nero, ImgBurn).
Latest firmware is D400, which enables DVD-RAM capabilities, btw.

Michael

Thanks Michael. So you are saying that I need to updated my firmware to D400. And use nero and imgburn. Or dose nero have imgburn in it. Hope I said that right.

Peace
Mr.Bill :bow:

Hi,[quote=Mr.Bill;2038202]Thanks Michael. So you are saying that I need to updated my firmware to D400. [/quote]No, bitsetting also works with firmware D300, but D400 enables additional features :slight_smile:

And use nero and imgburn. Or dose nero have imgburn in it. Hope I said that right.
Nero and Imgburnare different applications, but both support the commands to change the booktype. The Roxio software, that comes with many (if not all) Dell computers, does not.

Michael

O.K. Michael thanks again. Where can I get the firmware D400 with instructions. Also I use clonedvd2 ver. 2.9.1.7 with anydvd ver. 6.4.1.2 So If I change my firmware to D400 will I be able to change the booktype using clone dvd2 and any dvd, Or do I need to use imgburn? Oh how can I tell what firmwae ver. that I have with my dvd drive

Mr. Bill :bow:

You have a service tag number on your dell go to dells site and get support enter that tag number to get the latest downloads.

I only found the D300 can’t find the D400?

http://www.notebook-drivers.com/notebook-drivers/Dell-Inspiron-1720-notebook-TSST-TS-L632H-slim-8x-DVD+--RW-Firmware-v.D300-for-Multi-System_77500.shtml

Thanks Dr.Who After installing imgburn I discovered that I already have firmware Ver. D400 on my dvd drive. Also I did found the D400 firmware on dell’s web site. See the link below

Peace Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R180684&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=246327

Hi,[quote=Mr.Bill;2039464]Where can I get the firmware D400 with instructions.[/quote]I think, you already found out :slight_smile:

Also I use clonedvd2 ver. 2.9.1.7 with anydvd ver. 6.4.1.2 So If I change my firmware to D400 will I be able to change the booktype using clone dvd2 and any dvd, Or do I need to use imgburn?
The booktype is set during the burning process. I can’t tell if clonedvd/anydvd submits the needed commands to the drive, maybe you can find some hints in the documentation/help. If you let clonedvd/anydvd create an (ISO) image file and burn this with Imgburn, you should be on the safe side.
And, as already stated, adjusting the booktype worked in previous firmware releases also (with the proper applications).

Michael

Isn’t this suppose to be in the hardware forum not Clonedvd forum??

Thanks michael. :bow: Coolcolors all do respect. Sorry if I post in the wrong forum. :cop:

Peace
Mr. Bill :iagree:

D400 is the latest firmware upgrade. My dvd drive will not read/write faster than 0.9 speed… did the upgrade to D400… nothing. DELL is no help as my warranty just expired…

CloneDVD does [B]not[/B] set the booktype. You must use a different program.:smiley: