TS-L632M HP OEM notebook drive

Hi all,

I’m desperate to find the original HP OEM firmware for this drive.
It should be version 0817 or later.
Has anyone got a backup of it or a download location please?

Thank you

What did you do to the drive, flashed a wrong firmware?!?!

Yes, I put on the Samsung version (SC02) on as it wasn’t operating properly. Now it’s worse.

There is no HP firmware for this drive anywhere. I’m sorry to say if your problems got worse, there’s no going back and you’re stuck. The firmware cannot be extracted from the drives, and hp doesn’t seem to be too interested in providing an update.

What problems were you having to begin with?

Oh well…another shyte HP product down the drain.
Original problems…not reading properly, failed burns and failed burn verifications. Did a full notebook format and reinstall and same issues.

The drive was probably defective hardware wise. What exactly was it having issues reading and burning [CDs, DVDs, etc], & what brand of media were you using to burn?

Is there any BIN file editor that I can use to edit the SC02 file and force flash it so that the drive appears to have the original 0817 firmware installed?
Surely if I’m force flashing and not worrying about the actual BIN file integrity I can edit some parts of the file to appear to be 0817 by OEM code “HM”?

Drive might be history.

^ I agree. :iagree:[quote=prodigalsa;1962738]Is there any BIN file editor that I can use to edit the SC02 file and force flash it so that the drive appears to have the original 0817 firmware installed?
Surely if I’m force flashing and not worrying about the actual BIN file integrity I can edit some parts of the file to appear to be 0817 by OEM code “HM”?[/quote]The drive would just go into recovery mode to allow you to properly flash the firmware.

I don’t care what state it’s left in, just as long as it appears to have the correct firmware installed on it so that it can be sorted out under warranty.

[QUOTE=prodigalsa;1963071]I don’t care what state it’s left in, just as long as it appears to have the correct firmware installed on it so that it can be sorted out under warranty.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, sounds kinda ignorant to me.

Do you want help or not?

It’s currently got SC02 on it (not the right OEM firmware) and does not work at all. It will clearly be picked up by repair people as a wrong flash and I have no hope.
If I can get what appears to be the right firmware on it then there is a better chance it will be simply repaired/replaced with little fuss.
Unless I’m missing something, I have got nothing left to lose.

And of course I want help but you’ve had nothing constructive to add to this thread and for those that have contributed, I’ve been told I cannot get my hands on the original firmware.

HP sent me the original firmware. Flashed and the drive still behaved odd. It’s now been replaced with a new one.
Thanks for all those who offered advice rather than smart ass comments.

Hope your problems stay sorted out. :flower:

[QUOTE=prodigalsa;1962738]Is there any BIN file editor that I can use to edit the SC02 file and force flash it so that the drive appears to have the original 0817 firmware installed?
Surely if I’m force flashing and not worrying about the actual BIN file integrity I can edit some parts of the file [B]to appear to be 0817 by OEM code “HM”[/B]?[/QUOTE]

And do you thin that would work?
They CAN find out that the drive were flashed, and how often it got flashed too.

[QUOTE=prodigalsa;1966061]HP sent me the original firmware. Flashed and the drive still behaved odd. It’s now been replaced with a new one.
[B]Thanks for all those who offered advice rather than smart ass comments.[/B][/QUOTE]

Your “comments” make clear that you need some advice, generally.

hey Albert? i have a similar problem with my vista ultimate installed
HP Pavillion DV6775US notebook pc… but on mines, one day it stopped reading any original and burned DVD and CDS…i think that the reader may be dead or got messed up, cause even when i put my original vista dvd in and restart my computer… nothing happens anymore…it used to boot the disc. i think the firmware may have been corrupted or is dead… i have the TSSTcorp TS-L632N ATA dvd burner but i cant seem to figure out my mines wont read anything…got any info for me, or info where i should go to replace the driver myself? i wanna just buy another drive if theres no way to fix it or get an original or updated/cracked F/W for my drive

[QUOTE=prodigalsa;1966061]HP sent me the original firmware. Flashed and the drive still behaved odd. It’s now been replaced with a new one.
Thanks for all those who offered advice rather than smart ass comments.[/QUOTE]
hey prodigalsa? can you send me the f/w file? maybe i can see what happens, cause mines jacked up too… i have an HP Pavillion DV6775US notebook PC… i appreciate it if u can,my name is Gary