TS-L632H Firmware HS02 Problems

vbimport

I have a Compaq C762NR laptop and it has a TSS TcorpCDDVDW TS-L632H Drive with Firmware HS02. It is set to region 2 for some reason so i cant play any disk, and when i try to change it it tells me “unable to update region setting” I don’t know how to get it changed, and i cant seem to find what firmware i need/or can update to fix this. Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jared

Hi and Welcome!

in case your laptop is still under warranty, contact Compaq/HP support for advice.

If your warranty has expired, you can create a “region free” modfied firmware for your drive from stock firmware using MCSE.

Michael

I cant find modified firmware or the original for this drive to download.

bump, please help

Have you already contacted HP/Compaq support?

yes they said they could not give me the firmware. they want me to use some region free program.

Ok.

ready to void your warranty by crossflashing your drive?
You must find out if your drive is “master” or “slave” on the controller (Device Manager should help).

If “master”, then SN-S082H SB0x (CSEL=Low) firmwares should work, for the other configuration, there are the SH0x (CSEL=High) firmwares.

RPC1 patch can be applied with MCSE.

I recently installed XP on my HP530 Notebook that originally ran Vista Home Basic. I have the TS-L632H and need the HS02 firmware. I thought it would be easy to find, but have had no luck so far. I’ve tried Samsung ODD and HP to no avail. Of course, I should’ve taken care of this before installing XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and Welcome!

[quote=jellyroll;2153743]I recently installed XP on my HP530 Notebook that originally ran Vista Home Basic. I have the TS-L632H and need the HS02 firmware.[/quote]What for?
And the next question: What firmware is present in your drive at the moment?

I thought it would be easy to find, but have had no luck so far. I’ve tried Samsung ODD and HP to no avail.
You will never find any OEM firmware (of big computer manufacturers like HP, Dell etc.) on Samsung ODD support website. And if HP does not provide updates themselves, then you’ll have to stick with what you have or to crossflash to retail firmware, but this will void your warranty.

Of course, I should’ve taken care of this before installing XP.
The installation of an operating system has nothing to do with the firmware revision of your optical drive.

Michael

I’m pretty new to this stuff. I’m not sure what the difference is between a driver and firmware. The driver looks to be a generic one included in XP. When I put a data CD or DVD into the drive, and try to access it, the computer locks up until I eject it. I looked for firmware at Samsung ODD for my drive, but none were the HS02 version. I got the other drivers from HP and everything else works great. I’m not familier with crossflashing?

Hi,[quote=jellyroll;2153886]I’m not sure what the difference is between a driver and firmware.[/quote]A big difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

The driver looks to be a generic one included in XP.
That’s okay. Nothing to be worried about.
When I put a data CD or DVD into the drive, and try to access it, the computer locks up until I eject it.
This might be a software issue. Is that a clean Windows install, or are there already some softwares installed, especially CD/DVD burning softwares?

I looked for firmware at Samsung ODD for my drive, but none were the HS02 version.
I already explained that :wink:
I’m not familier with crossflashing?
Then this is not an option for you since you might kill the drive if something goes wrong.
Also, the issue you described are not firmware related (I assume, this issue was not present with the original Vista installation).

Michael

My HP 530 laptop has a TSS TcorpCDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device with Firmware HS02. I would like to crossflash to SAMSUNG SN-S082H but i don´t know witch firmware I must use. I know there are a SH01 (H) for primary slave drives and a SB01 (L) for secondary master.
My Windows Vista device manager says that my drive has:
Can somebody tell me witch FW must use? Thanks

Hi,[quote=juanaltamira;2161845]My HP 530 laptop has a TSS TcorpCDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device with Firmware HS02. I would like to crossflash to SAMSUNG SN-S082H[/quote]You are aware that you void your warranty then (perhaps of the whole notebook)?

My Windows Vista device manager says that my drive has:
Can somebody tell me witch FW must use? Thanks
Looks like “Master” setting.
To make sure, see if you can get Nero Info Tool ver 4.03 in order to check. This is an old version, I don’t know if that runs on Vista. Newer versions do not show if a drive is in Master or Slave configuration.

Michael

Hi first post,

have been searching for hours for a way to bitset this drive to dvd-rom for 360 backups. Anyone been able to bitset this drive? I guess if it’s a firmware issue I’m stuck?

Hi and Welcome![quote=iamstevieb;2165447]
have been searching for hours for a way to bitset this drive to dvd-rom for 360 backups. Anyone been able to bitset this drive? I guess if it’s a firmware issue I’m stuck?[/quote]Indeed, this might be a firmware related issue. I own the same drive with Dell firmware. Unlike SN-S082H (same hardware), the Dell OEM firmware does not support bitsetting.
No idea if this limitation is valid for other OEM versions.

Please note, you need either Nero or Imgburn to get bitsetting support.
And if you consider crossflashing, remember you would void your warranty (possibly on the entire notebook).

Michael

thanks for your help Michael. Will have to get an external I guess. :rolleyes:

Well, I decided to install WinXP (NeroInfoTool 4.03 did not work properly on Vista) and confirm that the DVDRW is secondary master, so I crossflash to a RPC1 Samsung SN-S082H SB01 (L) patched (with MCSE) firmware.
I run TSDNWIN -NOCHECK , then apply the patched firmware and after a few minutes the process ends. Restart the computer and now my HP530 has a crossflashed rpc1 drive working properly.

Hi,

thanks for the “success” story :slight_smile:

Instead of Nero Info Tool 4.03, you can also use device manager: The drive shows up as “device0” if it is in Master configuration, “device1” is a slave drive.

Michael

[QUOTE=juanaltamira;2218978]Well, I decided to install WinXP (NeroInfoTool 4.03 did not work properly on Vista) and confirm that the DVDRW is secondary master, so I crossflash to a RPC1 Samsung SN-S082H SB01 (L) patched (with MCSE) firmware.
I run TSDNWIN -NOCHECK , then apply the patched firmware and after a few minutes the process ends. Restart the computer and now my HP530 has a crossflashed rpc1 drive working properly.[/QUOTE]

Could you please help me find TSDNWIN -NOCHECK and the SN-S082H SB01 firmware?

Thanks

[QUOTE=mozung;2224471]Could you please help me find TSDNWIN -NOCHECK and the SN-S082H SB01 firmware?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

1. Before crossflash check if yours drive is master or slave with the Nero Info Tool 4.03. Only works fine under XP. Try searching the web and you will find it.

2. You can find firmwares at http://www.samsung.com/ under support section.
    For secondary master use SN-S082H_SB01 (L):
    For primary slave use SN-S082H_SB01 (H)

3. To make it rpc1 (region free) you must download MCSE (MediaCodeSpeedEdit) at http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/

4. You can find TSDNWIN - Lastest Samsung Flasher
    • Download: Version 1.00.b.4 (supports the -NOCHECK option) at http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares_samsung.html

If you want to patch to RPC1 you must extract with Winrar the .bin file included at SN-S082H downloaded F/W and apply the MSCE.

To crossflash just copy the TSDNWIN and the extracted .bin file to C:\

Then go to START - RUN and type: TSDNWIN -NOCHECK , then press Enter
Search for the .bin file and press download. Wait for a few minutes and when finish a reboot message will appear.
Thats all.

Here you can download the correct RPC1 .bin and TSDNWIN Version 1.00.b.4 files. Extract to C:\ and crossflash your drive as I said.

SN-S082H_SB01 (L) RPC1 for secondary master:
http://rapidshare.com/files/201363106/SN-S082H_SB01_L_.zip.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/88993068/d1db6444/SN-S082H_SB01_L_.html

SN-S082H_SB01 (H) RPC1 for primary slave:
http://rapidshare.com/files/201362108/SN-S082H_SB01_H_.zip.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/88992876/99d74edf/SN-S082H_SB01_H_.html

Remember I am not responsable for bad results.