TS-L462 Cannot install driver!

vbimport

Please help! I have a Dell Vostro 1700 and my cd/dvd burner went out. I bought a cd-rw and dvd reader as a replacement. On the drive itself it says that it is a TSST TS-L462 but when I run SFDNWIN it says it is a “IVKZCF Q3S1QZOHM 1.03” I am guessing this is just jibberish. It keeps installing a windows driver that has nothing to do with the Toshiba/Samsung. When I first installed the drive, it found a driver that worked but then windows crashed, rolled back and the driver was gone. I have tried removing the drive and restarting but it keeps installing the wrong windows defuault driver. When I try to update the driver in device manager it tells me windows has already found the new driver. I downloaded one from Dell’s website but the SFDNWIN keeps saying it doesn’t match, probably becuase it diplays the jibberish I mentioned above. I really dont want to return this drive as it worked before windows crashed! At this point it doesnt even open when I press the button or when I use eject from the Computer screen. I have tried using the .bat file found on Hijacker’s website but it didnt seem to do anything at all. Please help~!

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=cegamer2003;2496270]I have a Dell Vostro 1700 and my cd/dvd burner went out. I bought a cd-rw and dvd reader as a replacement. On the drive itself it says that it is a TSST TS-L462[/quote]What is the firmware revision of that drive? It should be stated on the sticker.

but when I run SFDNWIN it says it is a "IVKZCF Q3S1QZOHM 1.03"
This seems to be a virtual drive you have installed with some software.

Drivers for optical drives are part of the operating system. There is no driver you can download. Period.

Please check device manager. Does the drive show up there? Are there any errors? And if there are any, please tell us the error message.

Michael