TS-H652D Not reading dvd files

I have been having this problem for awhile now. I wanted to play a DVD rom game and it would stop installing half way through. I then tried to copy files from the game and all of them wouldn’t copy. Then when I tried to open that specific file it, my computer would not respond. During installation I got an error 1309 that would say, verify that the file exists. So apparently, my cd/dvdw isn’t reading the disc properly. I have looked all over for firmware, can’t find because mine is up to date. I know I should be able to install this game because I do have the minimum requirements and I actually took a minimum requirements test online that read my system. I don’t know, and am very confused. Can anyone help? I can watch DVDs, play cds, but files on the DVD games are tough to read. I can view some, just not all. Maybe a duel layer problem???

DRIVE: TSST corpCD/DVDW TS-H652DGA01
MODEL NAME: TSST corpCD/DVDW TS-H652D
VERSION: GA01
OEM Code: GA

I know that the DVD rom game does work because I have been able to view these files that from another computer and I have installed it on another computer. I noticed that my computer will not download these DVD-rom games. As for flashing new firmware… I have already tried that… it says that my drive isn’t compatible with the sh firmware… it seems like it almost wants to read the information but then stops whenever I look too deep into the files on the DVD-rom game…
fyi…the game is enemy territory quake wars…again, I have passed the minimum requirements test!

Thanks

• Dan

Hi,[QUOTE=dgrove02;2229999]I have been having this problem for awhile now. I wanted to play a DVD rom game and it would stop installing half way through. (…)[/quote]Does this problem only exist with that certain game? Other games and DVD applications (video DVD) do work?

DRIVE: TSST corpCD/DVDW TS-H652DGA01

This is a Samsung SH-S182D with Gateway OEM firmware.

As for flashing new firmware… I have already tried that… it says that my drive isn’t compatible with the sh firmware…
You may have a look into the FAQ mentioned in my signature :slight_smile:

fyi…the game is enemy territory quake wars…again, I have passed the minimum requirements test!
Have you already asked the support guys of the game’s manufacturer?

Michael