TS-H553A only burns dual layer at 2.4x

My TS-H553A only burns dual layer at 2.4x. I am using memorex dvd+r dl 8x and nero 7 burns it at 2.4x. Just updated the firmware from dells site to de04, same problem. It says it can burn at 8x.

That is most likely a media problem.
Download DVD Identifier and post the media code for your disks.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:RITEK-S04-066]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [S04]
Product Revision : [066]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Does this help??

Yes, RITEK media, especially their DL media, is crapped.

VERY FEW good and new burners had success with S04! Others not.

I purchased a sh-s203b and it will burn the disc at 8x. I guess I’ll need to get some more dl discs and try them.

As you have found out yourself, the drive really can make a difference for the results… :wink:

The movie burned at 8x on the sh-s203b went through succesfull in nero, but doesn’t play good. These memorex (ritek) dl discs seemed to work fine on my old h553a at 2.4x. Is it the speed of burning (8x) on the new drive or the media that is the problem. Also how do you check to see if the disc can support fast burning with the cd-dvd speed program. From what I’ve read the verbatim dl discs are the best, is that all verbatim that are good? I thought I read something about ones that are made in a certain country are better than others. Thanks

Hi,[QUOTE=slvrblt00;1948261]From what I’ve read the verbatim dl discs are the best, is that all verbatim that are good? I thought I read something about ones that are made in a certain country are better than others. [/QUOTE]Made in Singapore discs are considered to be much better than those Made in India.

Michael

How do you use nero cd dvd speed to check the quality of a burn. I run the disc in create a disc and the quality tab nothing in it. But you can’t run anything from the quality tab first.

[QUOTE=slvrblt00;1948815]How do you use nero cd dvd speed to check the quality of a burn. I run the disc in create a disc and the quality tab nothing in it. But you can’t run anything from the quality tab first.[/QUOTE]

Why do you doublepost and dont read the FAQ first?? :confused:

Sorry for the double post I hit something while typing, what else am I doing wrong.

The Q is answered in the sticky FAQ.