Ts-h552l On Hp A1310n

Right out of the box, the DVD drive was giving me problems. :a DVD movie and CD playback was very choppy. I contacted HP support and probably spent about an hour on the phone. The PC Doctor software said that all was fine. I don’t recall the other things the tech asked me to do to try to fix the problem, but the solution that finally worked was doing the recovery that basically brought the PC software back to the orginal condition. It was not fun to reinstall everything again including updates I had already downloaded. The drive played movies and CDs fine for several months after that, but recently it has been giving me problems again in the playback and not to mention that it is a lot slower in doing any burning. HP now says to download WinDVD 5 update (it will take 3-4 hours on my dial up connection), but I don’t believe that it is worth it because the playback is no better when using Media Player. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

First thing to check is the DMA mode, that is currently used. If you have Nero installed, then use Nero Info Tool to do so. Also have a look at this sticky: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Michael