Ts folders vs iso

vbimport

I see that dvdfab has an ISO option. Which one is better? is there a difference?

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2113822]I see that dvdfab has an ISO option. Which one is better? is there a difference?[/QUOTE]

The .ISO option has been available for years.
Is there a difference? Well, how do I say yes without sounding like a wisea$$.
For eg., if you rip a movie to your hdd in clone mode, it will rip it as an .ISO file only…not in file mode (ie., VIDEO-TS folder and AUDIO-TS folder).
Is one better?..In a word no…it’s a matter of user preference and perhaps how the user intends to manipulate the files.

I like to do ISO in DVD Shrink after learning of ImgBurn program.

Before I save as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS and in Nero would then make a burn to DVD media.

ImgBurn has gained more trust with me because it does not fail in compatible burn, which does happen sometimes in Nero burning of the VIDEO_TS.

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2113851]I like to do ISO in DVD Shrink after learning of ImgBurn program.

Before I save as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS and in Nero would then make a burn to DVD media.

ImgBurn has gained more trust with me because it does not fail in compatible burn, which does happen sometimes in Nero burning of the VIDEO_TS.

Thank you[/QUOTE]
And there certainly is nothing wrong with this, but just so we’re clear…
the files do not have to be .ISO files in order to use Img. If you have files in the typical dvd format…VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders…
simply use Img’s “build” mode…it only takes a minute or so for Img to convert the Video_TS folder to .ISO, at which point, you can burn to a disc if you wish.

With Platinum, you also have the capability of burning with Img as an integrated process within the Fab application. Platinum will rip the files to your hdd as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders (as a temporary directory…to be saved or not as you wish) and then burn to a disc with Img…all with 1 click.

It just doesn’t get any easier.

Both options are fine but I personally find that the VIDEO_TS directory structure gives me more flexibility to modify/edit DVD’s with other software than Fab.

Each to his own.

Thank you for reply

I did not know of ImgBurn to build with VIDEO_TS. So I will look to learn and try that feature also.

Thank you