Trying to use Samsung patch utility

vbimport

Hi:
I’m trying to use samsung patch utility ver 3.2.1 without results.
I’m trying to edit the firmware for a TS-H552U dvd recorder to unlock speed read but the firmware files i’ve tried (us09 and us08) can’t be read by this tool.

I’ve got always the same error:

1003: Invalid Firmware file!
Must be an unscrambled EXE or BIN firmware file.

I supose the problem is this tool because with MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool i can read and edit this firmware file.

Can anyone help me with this? Perhaps another version of Samsung Patch tool?

Thanks for your time.

Sausalito

[quote=sausalito;2075783]Hi:
I’m trying to edit the firmware for a TS-H552U dvd recorder to unlock speed read but the firmware files i’ve tried (us09 and us08) can’t be read by this tool.

I’ve got always the same error:

1003: Invalid Firmware file!
Must be an unscrambled EXE or BIN firmware file.

I supose the problem is this tool because with MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool i can read and edit this firmware file.

Can anyone help me with this? Perhaps another version of Samsung Patch tool?

Thanks for your time.

Sausalito[/quote]
Welcome Sausalito,
after you read and edit with MCSE save your changes and the file (speedpatched.BIN) created will be readable with the patch utility

Hi and Welcome![quote=sausalito;2075783]
I’m trying to edit the firmware for a TS-H552U dvd recorder to unlock speed read but the firmware files i’ve tried (us09 and us08) can’t be read by this tool.[/quote]
Supported drives are mentioned in the first post of that thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/patch-utility-samsung-mtk-based-dvd-writers-v3-2-1-new-242508/
Your drive is not supported, and I doubt, it will be supported in future releases.

Michael