Trying to totally remove Nero from my system

I tried to remove my OEM Nero 6.XXX (sorry, don’t have version with me, but it’s from about last June and came with my retail DVD burner) and NeroVision2 for a DVD burner from my system last night by going to the add/remove applet in my WinXP Pro SP2. For some reason the remove attempt failed or errored out for removing Nero. I ran from Ahead’s web site Nero’s web site the Nero 5 clean tool (because I originally had an OEM Nero 5.5 version for a CDRW), then the Nero 6 Clean Tool and finally Nero’s General Clean Tool. I went into the registry and an Ahead entry with subkeys was still there under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. It didn’t look like all of my removing attempts really removed Nero from the registry. I deleted that entry in the registry. From all I could tell, Nero seemed to be gone from my system. I then reinstalled Nero. In the opening screen for the reinstall, my license or serial number, whichever it was, was already entered in the install screen. So I must’ve not totally cleaned out Nero. I know there’s a bunch of other single Ahead or Nero entries scattered in various spots in the registry. Can I safely remove all of the Ahead and Nero entries that I find in the registry (after first backing it up)? Or are there some native Windows Nero entries that I need to not touch? I would like to fully totally remove Nero from my system and reinstall it, in order to troubleshoot a problem I’m having with my DVD burner. Also, wasn’t sure how to use Nero’s Clean Pack (registry checker and driver clean tool)—what drivers does the driver clean tool deactivate? Does it really help clear out Nero? Thanks in advance for any help.

rrk28

Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE & HKEY_CURRENT_USER then to software in both cases, under software right click on AHEAD Icon and completely delete it, then go to start/fileProgram/Ahead and delete the Ahead directory, restart your computer and you should be free of Nero.

Thanks for the assistance!

rrk28