Trying to remove roxio

vbimport

hi

im trying to remove roxio 9 but cant seem to get it out compleatly.i also have nero 6 installed and i think they r conflicting together.parts of roxio
are in my hard drive and they r repreesented as dll files.if i remove them big trouble.roxio zap wont work.i have the roxio drop and drag listed in my start
up list but its unchecked.neither r they listed in my add and remove list too.
how do i safely remove roxio compleatly?any ideas?thanks.

coonsanders

[QUOTE=coonsanders;2012883]hi

im trying to remove roxio 9 but cant seem to get it out compleatly.i also have nero 6 installed and i think they r conflicting together.parts of roxio
are in my hard drive and they r repreesented as dll files.if i remove them big trouble.roxio zap wont work.i have the roxio drop and drag listed in my start
up list but its unchecked.neither r they listed in my add and remove list too.
how do i safely remove roxio compleatly?any ideas?thanks.

coonsanders[/QUOTE]

Have you gone to the roxio site to see if they have a uninstaller program to remove all of roxio leftovers?? Cause I know nero has a uninstaller like that to remove leftover nero programs.

Un-install “Drag to Disc” by Roxio; then Roxio it self, and then run RoxioZap, that work for me.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data and delete foler. do the same at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
Click on start > Run. Type in Regedit, and press Enter, click on Edit >Find Type program name Click find next. Delete >OK press F3 to find next till you get them all.

Be very careful not to delete any wrong entry in the W-registry. Take your time and double check before you delete.

Good luck

Also turning Roxio off in the back ground will help to unistall it… if you must.

If you have to go into the Registry, make sure you back it up first.

From personal experience:

Roxio & Nero DO NOT get along at all.
I went here- support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

This is a registry cleaner that removed all of Roxio with no ill effect, BUT there are never any guarantees with any software.

It did the job for me.

Gets rid of a lot of specific junk http://www.download.com/PC-Decrapifier/3000-2096_4-10636481.html?tag=nl.e415&cdlPid=10837462

close all open programs then uninstall drag to disk first bad program and when done do not have any of roxio and nero installed together do not ever have roxio drag to disk or nero INCD installed on your computers both are bad programs and they don’t do anything that you can’t do with windows explorer you can set up one of your drives to be a drag to disk in windows explorer DO NOT install either of these programs