Trying to get gapless private CD's from download ones

I am about to download a long multi tracked work (is nit longer available as physical CD’s and is very cheap [DG]), that will appear in a bunch of tracks that are only useful inside physical commercial CD’s for looking for particular places. Well, it seems that it’s almost impossible to get private CD’s without multiple tiny or not so tiny gaps with the majority or all the burners arround. Then I wish to ask you if this is true or not and how could I get a normal gapless three CD’s private “album” from this downloaded work. Obviously I would like to keep the tracks for searching when necessary. I have Nero, but googling it appears as unable to get what I need, even setting it accordingly. Many thanks and kind regards.

Nero makes gapless audio CD, you just set the gap to 0 in each track properties. (except the first track).

Gods listen to you… Not so simple… Before bothering the forum I googled exhaustively and many guys there say Nero doesn’t really “obbey” its settings, leaving tiny gaps. I have still not downloaded big works,as the long opera I wish to download now (that comes in its three separate acts, each for every CD) because I want to be sure that I will not get a tiny gapped useless wasted recording when I burn my private CD’s to listen through my stereo system. I listen through myy stereo system not thorugh the PC or other issues. Many, many thanks and greetings

I’ve made quite a few CDAs in Nero from live performances and have never heard any gaps. Nada, zero, zilch.

Considering you have Nero, it won’t hurt anything to try. It also offers adjustable cross-fade.

Many thanks, Dan. Live recordings do not have tracks (if you are not talking of a live performance inside a physical commercial CD with applauises and so on). I mean a complete long work with three acts that come in three TRACKED bunches of files. I do not want to download it in order not to waste money, time and get a gapped three CD’s. I say this because almost many guysin Google, that have tried say that either Nero or any other except a very rare one that doesn’t burn anymore, fail to burn gapless CD from downloaded MP3 files and give tiny gapped ones. Many ones just advice to follow regular settings in either Nero o ITunes, as it was a simple intelligence trouble, but those are issues too obvious. I am affraid to fail burning my MP3 files and get nothing less as a Tristan und Isolde completely full of silences every ten minutes… Many thanks and greetings

You can create track breaks anywhere you want, again Nero does this. What it does not do is create gaps as long as you set it up right.

If these are MP3, there will be no track breaks in them other than the start and end once converted to wav. You would want to convert them to wav format before creating the CDA, then you can add track breaks as you wish in Nero. If there are small gaps in the files after converting, you could also remove them with Nero wave editor.

With adequate knowledge of Nero, you can do this. The tools are all there.

Might I try with ITune? Greetings

gapless CD from downloaded MP3 files

Difficult to get gapless from MP3s because the last block of an MP3 can contain space to pad it out to a full block. To remove that padding, convert the MP3 to WAV, edit out the blank space at the start and end then save as WAV. Then you can burn in Nero as gapless.

Might I try with ITune?

You can try anything you want, I wouldn’t.

“Live recordings” can come in any flavour, depending on who has done them…

You can split them into tracks or just use the INDEX function on CDDA.

Many thanks. Imagine to do that with Tristan und Isolde three hour work… I will see.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2433631]Difficult to get gapless from MP3s because the last block of an MP3 can contain space to pad it out to a full block. To remove that padding, convert the MP3 to WAV, edit out the blank space at the start and end then save as WAV. Then you can burn in Nero as gapless.

You can try anything you want, I wouldn’t.[/QUOTE]

I wish to download from a famous label store, a complete Tristan und Isolde (cheap and not anymore available in physical CD’s) that comes in three acts wih several tracks. I have the experience that when burning a CD with these MP3 files (even Nero ungapped setting), they become wav ones and get gapped CD’s, spoiling the continuous pieces listening. Concerts and sonatas do not mean a problem, but the contrary. I have tried several enquiries through the googling procedure and I have gotten the impression that my wish is almost impossible. Is it true? If I join all the files, I lost the tracking for looking for specific places and I have the doubt that I will also keep the gaps. One answer would be to edit track by track but I doubt it will not end in a disaster. Curiously it’s well known that more than 30% of downloaders listen through their stero systems as I do; but multiple tracked continous works, still continue to be available in that way, making the above expectation as impossible. How downloaders listen to burned private CD’s complete operas? I appreciate any help. Greeetings

Asked and answered in your previous thread on the same topic.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f57/trying-get-gapless-private-cds-download-ones-300138/#post2433861

Answered but not fixed. Friendly regards. Sorry in any case.

[QUOTE=CDan;2437030]Asked and answered in your previous thread on the same topic.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f57/trying-get-gapless-private-cds-download-ones-300138/#post2433861[/QUOTE]

I will try that. As I am not very much interested to listen Tristan by parts, coudn’t be adviceable to join all tracks in one? Many thanks

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2433631]Difficult to get gapless from MP3s because the last block of an MP3 can contain space to pad it out to a full block. To remove that padding, convert the MP3 to WAV, edit out the blank space at the start and end then save as WAV. Then you can burn in Nero as gapless.

You can try anything you want, I wouldn’t.[/QUOTE]

I asked for information to get ungapped private CD’s coming from multitracked continuous music in downloaded MP3 (example, complete opera’s acts). Also I have checked that Nero and ITunes cannot do it. After all this, I have been answered TO ADD gaps “in any part I wish”. In other words, I havn’t had any useful answer anywhere… If I had been answered what I asked categorically, I am enough smart not to ask again…Many thanks and freindly greetings.

[QUOTE=CDan;2437030]Asked and answered in your previous thread on the same topic.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f57/trying-get-gapless-private-cds-download-ones-300138/#post2433861[/QUOTE]

I’ve merged your two threads. There is indeed enough information in this thread to accomplish what you want. As I posted, the steps I’d use are:

1. Open an MP3 in Adacity.
  2. Edit out the gaps at the beginning and end.
  3. Save the file as WAV.
  4. Burn the audio CD using Nero (with gaps set to zero) or Burrrn