Trying to get a PAL Disc to load

I purchased a PAL DVD last year. Since I don’t have a region free player I used the then-version of DVDFab Platinum to make a backup copy and it worked. I never had to change the settings to Region 2. Actually, I never even messed with the Region settings until this week.

I noticed that my backup copy had gotten a lot of scratches since I made it, so I decided to make another backup copy… this time the disc won’t even load in DVDFab. All I get is the opening source message and it will load. I let it go on for an hour and it never stopped “loading”. I went in and changed it from Region 1 to Region 2 in hopes that would work (even though I didn’t have to change it when I made my first copy)… still it wouldn’t get past the opening source message.

I have disabled PathPlayer… that didn’t seem to help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Me-Hostage;2014800]I purchased a PAL DVD last year. Since I don’t have a region free player I used the then-version of DVDFab Platinum to make a backup copy and it worked. I never had to change the settings to Region 2. Actually, I never even messed with the Region settings until this week.

I noticed that my backup copy had gotten a lot of scratches since I made it, so I decided to make another backup copy… this time the disc won’t even load in DVDFab. All I get is the opening source message and it will load. I let it go on for an hour and it never stopped “loading”. I went in and changed it from Region 1 to Region 2 in hopes that would work (even though I didn’t have to change it when I made my first copy)… still it wouldn’t get past the opening source message.

I have disabled PathPlayer… that didn’t seem to help.

Anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I would open common settings and disable PathPlayer,… most likely you did the backup before PathPlayer was added to DVDFab

PathPlayer is disabled. And PathPlayer was on it when the first backup was made, I just always had it set to disable so I don’t know what’s up with it now.

off topic:

heyyo neighbor Missouri. I’m near Springfield…where you at?

Strange. It wouldn’t open the source for the PAL disc any and I tried all day… I ended up restarting my computer and tried and now it’s working perfectly, LOL. Sorry for bugging.

[QUOTE=Bob;2014862]heyyo neighbor Missouri. I’m near Springfield…where you at?[/QUOTE]

Dexter (southeast), unfortunately. sigh