Trying to find best fit between Sony Vaio stock dvd burner, software, blank media

Hi, my name’s Beth and I’m a rookie at burning, however I’m learning quick.

I’m trying to find best fit between Sony Vaio stock dvd burner, software, blank media, and getting the dvd to play in a Denon S-301 home theater sys.

I assume that you are looking to do movie backups as you want to play it in your home theater system? I would say that the best software would be anydvd and nero or clonedvd though these are pay softwares. Dvd decryptor and dvd shrink would be good free ones for older movies (dvd decryptor is no longer updated so it may not handle all new copy protections). Dvd fab decryptor is another free one to look at for newer movies and this sounds pretty promising
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=184897

I’m not that farmiliar with laptop burners personally but about the best bet out there for media is verbatium 16x+r which you should be able to get on sale for 15$ per 50 (currently that price at best buy) or ty media online. What is the speed of your laptop burner by the way. Perhaps someone more farmiliar with laptop burners could help, especially if you gave the exact model of your laptop.