Trying to find a dvd format software

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website and I need help from all the experts on this site. I am not even sure if what i am looking for even exists or not.

I have a some DVDs which were corrupted while buring. I want to be able to reuse them by formatting them. I tried doing the same with InCD, however it was unable to recognize the DVD.
Tried downloading DirectCD, didn’t work.

Is it possible to do this somehow?
Appreciate your help if someone can suggest a software or something.

Thanks Guys,
In Anticipation.

Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

First of all you should be using DVD rewriteable discs, and perhaps you could confirm that first.

If you are, then download ImgBurn (freeware) and there’s an option in that to reformat rewriteable DVDs.

BTW, InCD and the like are packet-writing softwares which are not compatible with writing DVD-Video files. Personally I would uninstall it ASAP because it can interfere with the burning process of other far better software.

Thanx buddy :)…
I am using DVD+R disc and not DVD+RW… InCD can format the DVD+R discs and then these can be used as big floopy drives or any removeable drive… unfortunately with InCD you need to format the discs before using them and i used those discs without formatting and now it is not recognizing the discs…
thats is the precise reason y i m looking for any other software that can do the same even though the disc is used…

But thanx a lot for your help buddy… perhaps i need to do some more research and hope you could come up with something new as well :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2157581]Welcome to CD Freaks :slight_smile:

First of all you should be using DVD rewriteable discs, and perhaps you could confirm that first.

If you are, then download ImgBurn (freeware) and there’s an option in that to reformat rewriteable DVDs.

BTW, InCD and the like are packet-writing softwares which are not compatible with writing DVD-Video files. Personally I would uninstall it ASAP because it can interfere with the burning process of other far better software.[/QUOTE]