Trying to do Main Movie mode, if I select subtitles they are played by default? dont want it on by default =/

I am using main movie to backup dvd’s and I am having no success with subtitles. I want the option to enable subtitles using my home dvd player with my copies, but I do NOT want the subtitles on by default.

How do I select a subtitle for DVDFAB to make sure it processes, but have it make it so it does not show on home players by default??
Thanks

using DVDFAB Plat 5.2.2.2

[QUOTE=amdking;2195331]I am using main movie to backup dvd’s and I am having no success with subtitles. I want the option to enable subtitles using my home dvd player with my copies, but I do NOT want the subtitles on by default.

How do I select a subtitle for DVDFAB to make sure it processes, but have it make it so it does not show on home players by default??
Thanks

using DVDFAB Plat 5.2.2.2[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, especially with Disney films, subtitles are defaulted as on, and have to be turned off. This is not something DVDFab can get around.

If it happens, just use your DVD remote subtitles button to turn them off.

Only a minor pain.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Well, it must be something DVDFab can get around…cuz, I try copying the same movie using CloneDVD and it properly gets the subtitles but disables them by defaults…

Ive tried this on 5 or so diff movies so far…

[QUOTE=amdking;2195675]Well, it must be something DVDFab can get around…cuz, I try copying the same movie using CloneDVD and it properly gets the subtitles but disables them by defaults…

Ive tried this on 5 or so diff movies so far…[/QUOTE]

The option to disable forced subtitles is available to DVD to Mobile converters, but not to DVD to DVD, as it was not considered an onerous task to push one button on the DVD remote.

If the competition feels otherwise, well, that then, is their concern.

I’ve gotta stop reading and then re-reading questions…

Are you saying that DVDFab copies are displaying subtitles for [B]every[/B] movie you copy, or just certain ones?

Please advise.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=amdking;2195331]I am using main movie to backup dvd’s and I am having no success with subtitles. I want the option to enable subtitles using my home dvd player with my copies, but I do NOT want the subtitles on by default.

Thanks

using DVDFAB Plat 5.2.2.2[/quote]If you are using Main Movie, Customize/No Menus or Merge, DVDFab will [B]not[/B] make a subtitle play by default unless you check the default arrow (see the Tutorial) [B]or[/B] unless it is a forced subtitle. Any mode that preserves the DVD’s menu will read any defaults that it sets for audio/subtitle etc. You can turn off forced subs by ripping the movie to a folder on your hard drive and then processing it with DVDSubEdit: (Select in checkbox: Show Only Forced Subpics, change the start command to normal start with the drop down selector below, lower right, Edit->Apply last modifications to all, File->Save all modifications).