Trying to create a back up copy of a copy

I’m new here, and I’m hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I recently purchased anydvd and clonedvd. I’ve been trying to make a copy of a copy that was created (transcoded) with clonedvd. I use clonedvd’s write existing data feature, and it starts out fine. But near the end I get a read error message. Can anyone help me with this?

@ bdcane,

Welcome to the CD Freaks Forum.

It would be extremely helpful if you could provide the exact error code and/or error notification that you are receiving when you experience your problem.

Perchance does the backup copy made with CloneDVD that you are attempting to copy play correctly in various DVD playback devices? In short have you ensured that the backup copy made with CloneDVD is in fact error free? From the limited information you have provided it appears that possibly the backup copy made with CloneDVD you are attempting to copy contains read/write errors.

Please provide the Manufacture ID and Media Code (Example: RitekG05) of the blank DVD Media you used to record the backup copy made with CloneDVD. To acquire this information suggest using a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Best Regards,
bjkg

I would agree with bjkg on this one - sounds like a crappy original. You could try copy and paste the DVD to your hard drive, or give CloneCD a try.

You could also try scanning with Nero CDSpeed - that will tell you if your disc contains read errors.