Trying to copy DVDs with bad sectors

Hi

I have finally been able to backup some of my DVDs and some are quite old and are lightly scratched. All of them play well but when I try to rip them, no matter which software I use, they all fail. I thought about many issues: -

1. Cleaning out my current DVD drive
  2. Getting a DVD burner upgrade and see if any can read damaged discs better (my current one is the LG 4163 and looked into x8 DL speed)
  3. Looked into buying DVD repair machines such as the Simo-R1.
  4. Look into DVD copying software/data copying software and find if any will do anything better, though I doubt this.

What should I do? Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you kindly!

If these are pressed discs then you might want to try and wash them with soap and water. Otherwise, I would get a new dvd burner, get a Lite-on or a Pioneer 115.

[QUOTE=NDGAARONDI;1977920]Hi

I have finally been able to backup some of my DVDs and some are quite old and are lightly scratched. All of them play well but when I try to rip them, no matter which software I use, they all fail. I thought about many issues: -

1. Cleaning out my current DVD drive
  2. Getting a DVD burner upgrade and see if any can read damaged discs better (my current one is the LG 4163 and looked into x8 DL speed)
  3. Looked into buying DVD repair machines such as the Simo-R1.
  4. Look into DVD copying software/data copying software and find if any will do anything better, though I doubt this.

What should I do? Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you kindly![/QUOTE]

Considering the $30 prices, I’d try a newer drive for reading. The LiteOn burners are generally very good rippers. Barring that, I’d use DVDDecryptor with the settings set to ignore read errors.

Thank you for the replies. Have used 1Click DVD Pro and has copied two of my pressed DVDs. The snag is that I then have to rip from them, consuming more time. Using my last try with a dual layer DVD that will be scaled down.