Trying to clone dvd wont read blank dvd's to write

I just installed AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and everything works o.k. until it is time to write on to disk.

It tells me to take out the dvd and put in bland recordable media I put in blank disks and it just keeps trying to read them and wont start writing.

I updated firmware on my sony vaio dvd rw dw-q58a. I do not know what else to try can anyone please help?

[QUOTE=ant7717;2220827]I just installed AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and everything works o.k. until it is time to write on to disk.

It tells me to take out the dvd and put in bland recordable media I put in blank disks and it just keeps trying to read them and wont start writing.

I updated firmware on my sony vaio dvd rw dw-q58a. I do not know what else to try can anyone please help?[/QUOTE]

Can you tell us what version your using? And what was the dvd brand your using? From what your saying sounds like it didn’t like the media brand you choose for it??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2220918]Can you tell us what version your using? And what was the dvd brand your using? From what your saying sounds like it didn’t like the media brand you choose for it??[/QUOTE]

I am using the latest cloneDVD2 and anyDVD. The trial versions. The blank DVD media is Office Depot DVD-R 16x 4.7G. My Sony is a year old and I have never burned DVD’s only audio cd’s but I tested with Nero Cd/DVD speed tester and every thing seemed to be working ok.

I have spent hours today reading the forums it is more than likely the blank media quality but if there is any other suggestion or help I would really appreciate it. I am just getting started burning dvds and it would be nice for this to work