Trying to burn ISO file from BD

vbimport

I’ve used BD-rebuilder in the past but it’s been awhile so I forget. I took a BD and had BD-rebuilder convert it down a DVD-9 which gave me a BDMV folder. I used IMGburn to create an ISO file and mounted it with Virtual Clone Drive.

When I try to burn the ISO file it say it can’t burn it because something is missing.

I can play the ISO with Total Media Theater with no issues… what did I do wrong??

If you still have the original output from BD Rebuilder, you can try using this in ImgBurn to burn to a Blu-ray, or double layer DVD.

Without knowing what the error message says, I can only speculate as to what is wrong with your ISO. You tried to burn it with ImgBurn, yes?

Kerry I can’t remember exactly what I’ve did but I ended up with an ISO file and MDS. I tried to burn the ISO file using CloneDvd and I get "Please be sure all input files are available and they represent a properly mastered DVD.

If I try to burn the MDS file with ImgBurn I end up with a Dvd containing the BD Captain America folder, BD rebuilder log, .INF file and BDMV Folder. It doesn’t play the movie it just lists the folder and files.

I’ve done all before but I guess I forgot what to do after I have BD-Rebuilder convert it to a dual layer Dvd.

I can’t tell if you are trying to make a BD-9 (Blu-ray format burned onto a double layer DVD), or if you are trying to make a DVD-9, which is DVD-video on a DL DVD.

If you have a BDMV folder, you have compressed a Blu-ray without converting to DVD-video. And CloneDVD is certainly not the tool to burn a Blu-ray video.

To play a Blu-ray burned onto a DL DVD, your player must be able to recognize this format. You really should have the settings in BD Rebuilder set to make an AVCHD compatible disc. This gives the best chance of it being recognized and played by a stand alone player. A software player, like TMT, should be able to play either.

If you are trying to make a DVD-video from a Blu-ray, that is a different process in BD Rebuilder. So let me know which one you are trying to make.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2737368]I can’t tell if you are trying to make a BD-9 (Blu-ray format burned onto a double layer DVD), or if you are trying to make a DVD-9, which is DVD-video on a DL DVD.

If you have a BDMV folder, you have compressed a Blu-ray without converting to DVD-video. And CloneDVD is certainly not the tool to burn a Blu-ray video.

To play a Blu-ray burned onto a DL DVD, your player must be able to recognize this format. You really should have the settings in BD Rebuilder set to make an AVCHD compatible disc. This gives the best chance of it being recognized and played by a stand alone player. A software player, like TMT, should be able to play either.

If you are trying to make a DVD-video from a Blu-ray, that is a different process in BD Rebuilder. So let me know which one you are trying to make.[/QUOTE]

I’m trying to make a DVD-video (dual layer) from a Blu-Ray.

To make a DVD-video from a Blu-ray source in BD Rebuilder, you change the Mode setting to Alternate Movie-Only Output. When you do this, a pop-up window will show up, and in that window you must remove the check mark in the box that says Output BD or AVCHD Compliant Structure.

This will allow you to choose a different type of output, so put a check mark in the box next to the line that says DVD-9 720x480/576, AC3 Audio. Then hit Save.

Since you are in the US, you will be making an NTSC compatible DVD-video. That is the default type of DVD in BD Rebuilder. If you lived in a country that uses PAL, you’d have to change one option in Settings to get that type of DVD.

Thanks Kerry don’t know why I can’t remember those steps but I just made a copy of your post so maybe that’ll help.

Kerry I did what you said and had ImgBurn convert the Video_TS to an ISO file then burned with CloneDvd. When I tried to play it the disc shows the Video_TS folder instead of just playing?

Burn with ImgBurn.

Import the folder containing the Video_TS folder (and Audio_TS folder if it exists) into ImgBurn. Do not make an ISO. ImgBurn will recognize that you are burning DVD-video and will set the parameters of the burn accordingly.

To do this in ImgBurn, go to Build Mode. Then use the folder import button shown here:

Set burning speed to a moderate level, 8x is my normal speed for DVD’s. If ImgBurn says you have something set incorrectly and asks to change it, let the program do so.

I agree with Kerry on using “Build” mode & not creating an .iso.

Since you have already created an .iso this time.
You could just use it in Write mode .

This has to be so simple but why is it refusing to bring up one of my Dvd drives as the destination instead of wanting me to save it?

Go to Output and change from Image file to Device.

Or just click the icon below “Test Mode” .

Thanks guys finally!!!