Trying to burn a copy of Civilization 4 (?Safedisk 4.60.000)

ok I am clueless as to how to burn games. all I know I have learned in the last 4 hours lol. I have the trial version of alcohol 120% 1.9.5 and a program called protection-ID

I am trying to burn a copy of civizilation 4. I know it has safedisk 4.60.000 on the first disk. I have done a few searches here but I still cannot figure out how to get a good copy of the first disk. could it be my burner?

Dell Insiron E1705 notebook with a SONY DVD± DW-Q58A

anyone?

Transferring to CD & DVD Copy Protection forum… you may like to have a search around here :slight_smile: .

The ability to make working copies of safedisc protected cds is very much hardware dependant and very few can successfully copy safedisc 4. However, if your Sony is a re-badged Lite-on, as is likely, you do have some chance of success.

Try with alcohol first using plain old safedisc datatype settings and if that doesn’t work then try with safedisc 2/3 datatype settings. Read and wrote at relatively low speeds and try first with a cdrw rather than a cdr so as to avoid coasters.

Note though that if you want to play the back-up copy from a burner, you’ll have to enable Ignore media type in alcohol’s emulation settings for the copy to work (not necessary if you run it from an ordinary cd/dvd rom).

Note too that the game is almost certainly hot-wired to run only from its installation drive (unless you edit your registry which isn’t a good idea unless you know what you’re doing).